Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by me5161

Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Shore Excursions 5+

THANKSGIVING ON THE TRIUMPH

The Arrival and process atthe Galveston Pier was flawless.. No problems at all.. We walked on the boat and went up to deck 9 to have lunch.. I had a burger at Guys Burger Place.. I heard all the hype and figured I would try it.. Sorry to say, it wasnt that good.. Seemed like they precooked the burgers and then just heated them up on the grill when you ordered them.. I was very dissapointed as I was looking forward to it.. We ate in the Paris Dining room te first 2 nights of the cruise.. The first night, I ordered a coke to go with dinner.. It took 40 minutes to get it.. Food was ok, but they put small portions on these giant plates.. Food was ok but not at all like it used to be on Carnival... The buffetts were only opens limited times for breakfast lunch and dinner.. It was mostly the same food served onver and over again.. Carnival used to be known for their food, but this was not the case this time.. I was extremely dissapointed in the food on this cruise.. We also tried the Pizza afte hearing it was improved.. It was in fact hand tossed as advertised, but it was just not good... It was more like tomatoe sauce on boboli.. The Main dining room had advertised on the Menu turkey for Thanksgiving with Stuffing and Cranberry sauce, so I ordered that.. Its was a very smail shredded pc of turkey with a table spoon of stuffing underneith the turkey... The cranberry sauce was in fact just some cranberry juice with 2 berries floating in it... I was really disapointed with that as I really miss the family Thanksgiving type offerring.. The Pastrami and Cornbeef sandwiches however did not dissapoint.. They were outstanding !!The Show was "The Big Easy" It started off very slow, performing the oldsongs from Old New Orleans, but it quickly picked up towards the end.. The young lady who was the lead singer was outstanding and the end of the show was Broadway quality.. It is a show worth seeing..

A note anout the Jewelry.. They had an Invicta Watch sale.. They had a watch with a $795.00 tag on it.. The sale offerred the watch at $149.00 and this was supposed to be well below prices we could get back home.. I got home and went online and found the same watch all overthe place for $95 - $100.00... My suggestion would be to know your prices before geting roped into a sale..

Overall the 4 Day Cruise to Cozumel is what it is.. If you dont get caught up in all the hype, its a fun quickie cruise.. Cozumel is perfect for a one day adventure.. Just dont expect much from the boat.. The best entertainment on the boat was the DJ on a the Main Pool.. He kept everyone dancing and drinking...

Bon Voyage!!