Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Aldania: I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS CRUISE, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!

Aldania
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 6.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS CRUISE, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!

Sail Date: November 2013

I’m going to complain about the complainers!

I am just so saddened by all of the negative remarks I see about this amazing ship. I’m convinced people just want to complain about things just to see if they can get something out of it for free!

I would recommend the Norweigian Epic to anyone! WITHOUT HESITATION!

My husband, 5 year old son and I went on the 7 day Cruise leaving from Miami on Saturday November 16th. Check-in was a breeze! Once we arrived at the port we were on the ship in twenty minutes! And oh by the way, we were not early, we arrived at 1:00 pm! You would think it would be a mad house, but it wasn’t!

Upon entering the ship we did notice the casino, and yes of course a hint of smoke. People complain as if the place were full of smog or something. You could barely smell it! I’m not a smoker, I hate smoking, but it didn’t bother me to the point where I would complain about it. We studied the ship map before More heading on board, so we knew we would enter through the casino and made our way right to our cabin. To avoid the hint of smoke, we made sure to use other floors to get across from one end of the ship to the other, easy!

The Norweigian website provides tons of information to help you prepare for your cruise, study that next time before you get on board. We enjoyed learning as much as we could before the cruise, especially since we booked it in January. It was fun and we knew exactly what to do when we got on! Our stateroom was easy to get to. We were located on the 8th floor, starboard side. We had read a review here on CC which was also very helpful, in telling us about La Cucina, which is located under the Garden Café, so we made our way up to the 15th floor, to the beautiful and bountiful Garden Café, where there was a huge selection of food (from Italian, to Thai, to Indian to good ole fashioned American) and headed to the back of the Garden Café, and down the stairs to a very quiet and cozy table by the window in La Cucina. I think it’s lovely how they allow people to sit there even though they are eating from the Garden Café. It’s a hidden secret (just as the CC review said, now that’s the kind of thing I like to see in reviews, tips to help me, not miserable people complaining about the most minimal things or things that happened to them because they made bad decisions. I mean really, be thankful for having the opportunity to be on a cruise, instead of being at home bored!)

Anyways …. Our 5 year old absolutely loved the children’s program! There were a few themed nights “Sports Night” “Super Hero Night” “Pirate Night” “Princess Night”, and I happen to read a review where a Mom suggested we bring dress up clothes for he kids, so I did! He brought last years Pirate Costume and this years Ninja Costume and a Football Jersey, so he was dressed for the part! The kids staff was amazing! Happy, cheerful, caring, playful people who loves what they do, and I felt more than comfortable leaving my son there for a few hours in the morning. He didn’t want to leave the kids area, that’s how much he loved it! They have a Nickelodeon program, so he got to meet Dora and Diego and Sponge Bob, and the Fairly Odd Parents and his favorite, Avater Eng! The kid was in heaven! They had a Pajama Jam the morning we landed in St. Marteen where the kids got to have breakfast with the characters and take pictures. Great way to send them off to their first island stop. The pool area was tons of fun too! They have not 1, not 2 but 3 slides. Adults and kids were having a blast and they were open from 10-8!!!

There were plenty of food options both free and custom dining available by reservation. We noticed a Grill Area by the pool, as well as the Garden Café which is where we went mostly to eat. We ate at Le Bistro for our Anniversary Dinner where the waitress Ida was amazing as a waitress! Taste was absolutely lovely and the waiter Walter shared in excellent conversation with us! The Manhattan Room I visited with my son for the Pajama Jam breakfast only, and I wish I had gone there for dinner one evening, as I heard nothing but great things from the guests we met onboard. There’s so much to do on this ship 7 days isn’t enough!

One last thing… WHITE HOT PARTY, on the back of the ship, last night of the cruise. LOVED IT! Richard “Papichulo” Abreu, my fellow Dominican, who happened to be the Assistant Cruise Director got the party started and the peoples hips moving!!! Fabulous job! We had a blast!!! Stayed out til 1:30 am, shut the party down, I can’t remember the last time that happened.. and thank you to the good people in the kids program, who watch the children til 1:30 am and tuck them snug as a bug into bed until we arrive to pick them up!

So… fantastic cruise, we’re already planning our next one and recruiting family and friends to tag along! NORWEIGIAN EPIC ROCKS! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

St. Marteen was beautiful and cultured! We did an Island Tour which took us to both the Dutch and French sides, then enjoyed an afternoon on the beach near the ship.

St. Thomas …. Now that was unforgettable! We took a taxi from the ship to Red Hook where we caught a Ferry to St. John, to another short cab ride to ... drum roll please… TRUNK BAY! It’s one of the TOP TEN BEACHES IN THE WORLD! Took us an hour to get there from the ship and ad hour back, but we got a full two hours at the beach. Next time (because we will be going on EPIC again) we’ll get off the ship as soon as it docks so we have more time on the beach, we got up pretty late this first time around. We had never been to this side of the Carribbean, it’s stunning! Small islands pop up all over the place, some inhabited some are not.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews