Grand Princess Cruise Review by joyjohnr: Not for the handicapped! Wanna buy something?

joyjohnr
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Grand Princess Hawaii Cruises

Not for the handicapped! Wanna buy something?

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: San Francisco

We just returned from our 15 day cruise to Hawaii. Knowing it would be my mother's last trip, we really hoped for a good time. Mother had a handicapped room and my wife and I had the adjoining room. Princess Cruises is not responsible for the bad wether. Princess Cruise is not responsible for the woman jumping off of the ship and making us miss the one island and arrive too late in Oahu to see the Arizona memorial.

Princess is at fault for selling a cruise to a handicapped person. Most of the restrooms are near impossible for a person in a wheelchair to use. That is, "If", the restrooms are not "out of order" as they often were.

The elevators are very difficult to use with a wheelchair, the ramp from the room to the balcony was unusable, unsafe and appeared to be a makeshift design. The dining rooms are crowded and difficult to access with a wheelchair. Overall a bad experience. Mother spent most of her time in her room watching the Princess propagnda channels on the More TV. Little accessability to most shows etc.

If I wanted to be a captive audience to a high pressure sales routine, I'd go to QVC or HSN headquarters for two weeks. Everything on the ship was geared to how much more money they could suck out of you in two weeks. Every seminar was little more than a sales gig.

To be fair, the beds and pillows were great, we slept like babies. Our experience at the Crown Grill ($25. cover charge per person) was excellent. Wonderful food and service there. I wish I could say the same about the dining room. Some was good, some was just average. Overall, a poor and costly experience. Less

Read more Grand Princess cruise reviews >>