Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by TripsWithG

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: TripsWithG
Cruise Date: November 2013

Nice Cruise, Nice Ship - Bring a cup of Patience with you

We just got back from a nice cruise on the Breeze. We selected the Ocean Suite and the cabin was nice. One benefit was priority check in, meaning we would not have to wait in line with the other 4,600 people however the agent told me that the lounge was full and I would need to wait, so I do think the staff understood that benefit. We were also scolded by the baggage porters for failing to print the luggage tags and before he offered me tags he reminded me that a tip is appreciated. This man said that until I came up with $12 and based on the cash in his pocked, he makes much more than me (LOL).

The service was friendly and the food was really good; the only complaint was when you went to breakfast, you waited in line and when you went to lunch you waited in a long line. Make sure to have a burger from Guy's burger joint as they are really fresh, just be patient to wait; the same is true for the hidden BBQ joint on deck 5 Starboard, good food but we waited 25 minutes to eat. For dinner we selected the open dining and this is one area where Carnival really dropped the ball. When we went to dinner, no matter the time we waited 25-30 minutes in line just to get to the hostess and then once we checked in, it was a bit longer to get seated. Here is some advice; if you are just 2 of you dining, ask for a table with space otherwise you will be seated at a small table for 2 that is less than 12 inches from another table in either which makes it hard to have a personal conversation. Finally on this cruise we figure there were about 750-900 kids traveling with families and I don't mind sailing with kids but I do mind sailing with little brats that are ill mannered and whose parents don't seem to care where they are while on the ship. I saw many adults complaining about the kids acting like little demons and no parents in site, another area Carnival needs to work on.

Overall we had a nice time and we have sailed on all of the major cruise lines; This is the newest ship in the fleet and it very nice; they just need to work out some of the small problems

Publication Date: 12/08/13