Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by linzi66

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by linzi66
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: linzi66
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
First Timers

We were a party of 4 enjoying the cruise for my mother's 70th birthday. She and her friend had cruised before but my husband and I were new to it. We didn't not know what to expect and my husband was yet to be convinced!!

We stayed at the Marriott Waterside for 2 nights prior to the cruise which was comfortable if a bit crowded because of all the convention guests.

With no previous experience I felt the embarkation went smoothly considering the number of people joining the ship, and we enjoyed lunch in the Windjammer with excellent bar service.

I was expecting to get our cabins later than 1pm, but was pleasantly surprised and was delighted when we went to my mother's cabin to find it all decorated as arranged and a nice chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us!

We had dinner in Chops grille, one of the specialty restaurants, on the first night for my mother's actual birthday. All the food was lovely and she got the largest slice of red velvet cake I have ever seen.

We are not watersport people, but enjoyed wandering around the ports of call. The only one I wasn't keen on was Roatan, small area at the dock was pleasant but outside the gates you do get hassled.

We had my time dining in the main dining room and found it well run and prompt, with no great changes on the menu but enjoyed our meals.

My only complaint is there was always too much to do!...We would have liked to have been able to chill out in one of the bars with the cocktail of the day, have a chat and read our books. But every minute of the day there was something on.

Now to the main reason for my review.

My mother had a fall on our second last day, and I cannot praise the staff enough for all their care and attention.

From the server in VIntages who made the call for assistance, to the doctors and nurses who cared for her with excellent treatment..we are both ex nurses so we know!.....Guest services were able to give us an extra cabin so I could stay with her until we left the ship in Tampa which was fabulous of them. Ambulance transfer was organised and The doctor accompanied us all through the ship and left us in the capable hands of Fire & Rescue.

I also received a call from the care team to make sure everything was okay.

It is when things like this occur during your vacation that you can assess how good a company is.

I am not sure cruising is for us to be honest but I am impressed with the customer service we received from RCI

Publication Date: 12/08/13
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review