Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by rangcruis

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by rangcruis
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: rangcruis
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

First and Last

My wife and I have been on 14 cruises. We are not super picky and usually like pretty much everything. This was the first time we have ever been on NCL. It will be the last. We went my parents and my mother in law for the Thanksgiving cruise. What a disaster. The ship is new, but the lay out is terrible.

First of all there were 4800 passengers on our cruise, 1800 screaming noisy kids. I guess parents let their kids do anything they want these days.

Passengers were rude, acted like they have not eaten in years and they all looked like they eat every five minutes. Huge !

Public Areas terrible, very crowded.

I found the food satisfactory, but never hot. They have big escalators where the waiters and waitresses come down so they have to go a long distance. Staff was very nice, they have to work very hard. Room steward was great.

Cabin small. Purchased a mini suite. Tiny balcony. Best thing is the shower.

No TV stations.

Too many pay restaurants. Have to wait for dinner all the time. Very slow process.

Cocoa beach is a dump. If you dont go on the rip off disney package !74.00 there is nothing to do there.

Missed the private Island because of weather. Nassau, been there. Atlantis pretty nice .

If you are looking for a civilized, orderly cruise, do not go on this one. We will not be going back on NCL and the Breakaway again. I am going to write to NCL and try to get a refund.

Publication Date: 12/08/13