Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by genevablue

Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Enjoyed the Southern Caribbean ports

Arrived on board just in time for dinner due to air delays. Really looking forward to our first glass of wine to relax. Handed the wine steward the ship card only to find out the check in staff gave us the wrong card that did not show we had a drink package. I had to return to the cabin and then on to guest services to get the cards reprinted. Meanwhile my soup was getting cold. If you have a drink package be sure at check in the word CALL is printed on the ship card.

We had requested a table for 4 and were seated at a table for 8. Service was good and the food was good for the most part with a good variety to the menu.

For breakfast and lunch we used the buffet on deck 10. While there is a good variety it became boring by the end of the week. By the time you found a table and got your drink the food was cold.

The hamburger grill was good as well as the sandwich and soup station.

Cabin was on deck 9. It was noisy and directly across from a service door that banged every time staff went in and out. I would not book that deck again as it is directly under the buffet. The balcony had a ceiling overhang that partially blocked our view but the cabin was not listed a partially obstructed cabin. If I had known I would not have booked it. My sister was in a connecting balcony but the balcony door was not movable much to our dismay. the whole reason we book connecting cabins is to open the balcony and sit together outside with comfort. We always get room service for coffee and juice in the morning and have cocktails before dinner.

The ship was kept very clean but was not beautiful. Hardly any fresh flowers anywhere and no flowers on the dinner table. I would not pay extra again for a concierge cabin. Fresh flowers were just a few in a vase the same for the week. Savories in the afternoon were stale and unappetizing-only olives were tasty. Fresh fruit in the room was 3 apples on a tray that were there the week. We never used the concierge service. At night the ship rocked-we really felt it like you were going to fall out of bed. Next time I will get a lower deck.

Time in port was nice and long so you didn't feel rushed. The islands were all beautiful. We just booked a taxi to see a little of the island and go to a nice beach. We visited St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, and St.Thomas.

Staff was friendly and courteous. Casino awful. No one could win at table games or slots and we are not beginners to gambling. Slots had the worst payback I have ever seen. It would have been nice to win back enough to at least say we had fun.

I did not like the ship enough to book again. I will look elsewhere.

Publication Date: 12/06/13