“The Jewel of the Seas lived up to its name!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

lsl5144 Jewel of the Seas 5 The Jewel of the Seas lived up to its name!
lsl5144
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We have travelled over Thanksgiving for the past 4 years. We wanted a different experience, so we booked out of San Juan, Puerto Rico travelling to the Eastern Caribbean. Our ports were St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, Martinique, and St. Lucia with the last day at sea. The service was wonderful. The captain was present at several functions and seemed interested in the full experience of his passengers. This was our fifth Royal Caribbean cruise and we are looking forward to our next one.

Getting on the ship was smooth. We arrived at the port around 1:15 and we were in our cabin by 2:00 PM.

Our cabin was a deluxe balcony with all of the usual cruise ship fixtures. We were given second seating for dinner, but 8:30 was too late, so one of the head waiters switched us to the first seating. Our waiter and assistant waiter were wonderful and tried to learn our preferences; they always had lemon on the table for my water.

We participated in the Mystery Dinner Theater, and it was enjoyable. It was held in Portofino, but there was a limited menu; my filet was one of the best filets I ever had, though. The dining was the same, but we are addicted to the sugar free peanut butter cookies and the blueberry muffins.

The entertainment was more enjoyable than the other cruises I remember. The Platters were on, and I believe this was at least the third cruise with them.

The Disembarkation was lengthy, and while it was tedious, it wasn't the cruise line's fault. It rained, so instead of having people standing in the rain, they kept us dry with coffee, juice, water, and pastries on hand. Elvis, the assistant cruise director, even tried to keep us entertained.

I truly felt the officers were more visible this cruise than any other cruise I have been on. And that was nice. For the Walk for Wishes, several of the officers signed the shirts. The state room attendant was fabulous; the state room attendant from a few rooms down was even fabulous. The towel art was original and plentiful. The wait staff was great.

It was just a very wonderful trip. I feel that the Jewel of the Seas lived up to her name.

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

The usual Royal Caribbean deluxe balcony. Not too noisy. It was just right.
Published 12/06/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Jewel of the Seas Review
Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?