“MS WEDONTGIVEADAM”

oshun11
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Embarkation went well. Seems like we moved right through the process and got aboard within 30-45 minutes. First impression of ship was probably what you see when boarding most cruise ships. Cabin was clean but we found out later air conditioning did not work..After several calls to front desk a fan was brought in, made it more bearable temp wise, but who wants to listen to the fan all day.

The Lido restaurant reminded us of the school lunch line and the food was about the same. Most meat offerings were way over cooked and the choices were few. As you walked around the Lido there was a smell that reminded us of dirty socks or something sour smelling.

The entertainment in the main showroom was on about the same level as a high school production I know you can't expect Broadway productions on a cruise ship, but I have been on many where they came much closer.

Dining room was probably the better experience on this ship. Choices were good, service at most meals was good.

I think you get a real feel for the Holland America experience when docked alongside the Carnival Breeze and the Celebrity Reflection and both ships have freshly painted hulls and then there is the Westerdam with lots of rust and looking like a foreclosed piece of property and your thinking "yeah that's the one I'm on "!

Westerdam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Westerdam Review
Westerdam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?