Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Mrs. Cookies: Epic Mistake
Member Since 2013
Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises
1. Recess Kids Club improved after we talked with the staff. Our kids reported having to sit quietly because other kids were misbehaving. The kids had a much better time after we talked with the staff.
2. Cirque du Soleil show - amazing acts! You are up close to the action if you pay for premium seating ($39.99 per person)
3. Blue Man Group show - very, very good. Everyone liked this. It would be nice if they had a show time before 9 pm though, for the kids.
4. Our cabin steward was great!
Issues we had:
1. Cruise was sold out. There was not enough staff to continuously man the recreation things our kids wanted to do. We waited a few times for a good while, only to be turned away because the employee had to be "somewhere else."
2. Maintenance did not correct a problem in our cabin until Thursday (we set sail the previous Saturday and reported it immediately).
3. Service in the restaurants is poor. The More adult entrees came before the kids food (by 15 minutes). The excuse was that someone else swiped our children's meals. Glasses remained empty the majority of the meal - every meal unless you ordered from the bar. We even had a server start taking our order and leave mid-way through to go and take the order of a very large party. He didn't even say "hold on" or "bye" he just walked off.
4. They like to use the word policy a lot. The policies were not applied consistently though, which was very upsetting to me.
5. Their approach to customer service is "dealing" with you, not helping. Their message on the line when you are on hold even says something to the effect of, "please hold and your issue will be dealt with." Less
Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>
Ship& Staff Excellent: Tours S...
Overall Relaxing Week
A lot right and wrong