Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by GCNJM5: Reflection Trans-Atlantic Nov 13

Reflection Trans-Atlantic Nov 13

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

We sailed on Celebrity at the advice of our travel agent. One of concerns was that there be few children - this cruise fit that perfectly - only 12 on ship. This was our fourth cruise and our first Trans-Atlantic. Refelction is by far the nicest ship we've sailed on, absolutely spotlessly clean. We found all of the dining to be top notch - from the Main Dining room to the Specialty restaurants, of which we tried them all. Service was top notch ship wide. We did come away with a few concerns though:

#1: There are virtually no smoking areas anywhere on this ship. If you are a smoker you are limited to small outdoor areas on Deck 5, 14, & 15. You cannot smoke in your room, or in the casino.

#2: My wife and I love casinos and play in them everywhere we travel. We were anxious to try out the casino onboard Reflection. While it is very nice, it is BORING! I've never been in a casino where I was vitually alone. I think maybe the smoking policy had something to do with More this? I would suggest to anyone that enjoys casino gaming to steer clear of this casino. No host/hostess that we ever saw, no marketing, no fun.

#3: Debarkation: One word, Terrible! Evidentaly customs was moving very slowly, and we completely understood that this was not the cruise lines fault. But it took us almost three hours to get off the ship. Our area was the conference center, where we had coffee and danish for the first 30 minutes. After that, nothing to do but stare at the walls. To make matters worse, the call numbers were not made over a public address sytem, instead they were yelled out by an employee. Not classy.

#4: Transfers at Debarkation: Disaster! They did have busses however, the lines were unbelievably long. What I realized was that the bus driver was the only person loading luggage onto the bus! We waited 30 minutes for our prepaid transfer and when the line had not moved an inch, we paid $30.00 for a cab to the airport.

Overall, we would rate this cruise a 9 out of 10. Just not sure we would sail Celebrity again due to their smoking policies and boring casino. We did attempt to write Celebrity with our concerns, and were told we would receive a response within 48 hours. Never heard a word from them. Being in the customer service industry, I fully understand how a wonderful experience can be soured by just a few minor occurances and zero follow up. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>