MSC Armonia Cruise Review by ACECOM: Armonia 7days

Armonia 7days

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I joined the Armonia on 25/10 for a 7 day Mediterranean cruise after being discommoded from the Red Sea Cruise of 23 days. many people were disillusioned that the cruise had been so drastically changed. i took up the option of only doing the first 7 days and then go to Genoa to do another cruise on the Lirica. My 7 days were pleasant and enjoyable. The tours by MSc I found were mostly rides on buses with short stops at destinations. The mixing of nationalities on tours was confusing, as the other languages were explained in a long winded way and so those of us with English often missed some of the interesting points while the other language was used. the other nationalities were often talking when the english commentary was on so we missed some of the points because of the rudeness of other passengers.

The food was offered with a variety of dishes. I would say the food needs to be hotter when it reaches the tables. Also no liquor was allowed to be purchased during dinner More other than what was available from the menu. no coffee or tea was offered after meals.

Organisation for tours was chaotic to say the least and getting on board initially was like being in a pig pen. We got herded from one area to another and some passengers were rude and pushy which to the Aussies is a no no.

Ocean view cabin adequate for one person but would be crowded for 2. showers were very small and hard to manoeuvre in.

Overall I would say this was an enjoyable cruise. Less