Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by vcteach

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: vcteach
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
        16+ 6.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Wowzer

Amazing experience aboard this ship. From the moment you step aboard you are on vacation and the staff and crew make you feel that way no doubt. Cleanliness of the ship was top knotch,staterooms were very good and we were upgraded to a better room that was more spacious. The food from the speciality eateries like Cagneys and ocean blue were dynamite although Ocean Blue the food was amazing I don't think it warranted the $50 pp cover charge where Cagnays was to me the best restaurant on the ship and charged about $30pp. The entertainment was the quality of Broadway and the performers were fenominal! The endless amount of activities for adults and kids alike was just perfect! There was so much to do that you could barely find enough time in the day to do them all. The nickelodeon activities kept our kids busy as well as the ropes course and on deck sports.

We we're suppose to be in an inside cabin but were upgraded to window cabin in a disabled accessible room that could accommodate a person in a wheel chair. It was great and very spacious. Our biggest problem was with the room steward. My husband tipped him $20 the first 5 minutes of being in the room. He kept our room tidied, made the towel animals ect. However unfortunately due to my own fault had left the $200.00 of onboard pictures I purchased on the bed the day of disembarking. I realized after getting off the ship and we were on the street getting our car. I ran right back into the port and of course they never found them.  We were not off the ship for more then 25 mins but it was my fault in the long run but seriously! We even left him another $10.00 on the dresser! Just a bit annoying.

My husband and I bought the adult drink package which was well worth it. It added another $700 in total to our cost but when drinks are anywhere from $7-$8 each and when we are vacationing we like to have our drinks so if you like your libations I highly recommend it!! However we were slightly disappointed with the bar tending staff. We usually tip all of our service staff in the beginning of the trip roughly $10-$20 a person to ensure we are taken care of for the week and if they do a good job give them more at the end. However, us tipping several of the bartenders and even our room steward did absolutely nothing. That was highly disappointing and let's just say they did not go above or beyond but gladly took the money as almost we owed it to them. This obviously did not dampen our time in the least. The Breakaway is just well WOWZER!!

Publication Date: 12/04/13
Read the Bermuda ports review by vcteach
More Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews