Coral Princess Cruise Review by susie2183: Most Fun Cruise Yet!

susie2183
Member Since 2008

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Coral Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Most Fun Cruise Yet!

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We traveled with another couple, parking with ease at Park n Fly, which is very close to the port. They assisted with our luggage, loading it onto the shuttle and then they parked the car. We arrived at the port about 11:00 am and had to wait about a half hour before boarding. Had we waited an hour later, we could have had no wait at all. The first six groups have preferential boarding and we waited for those folks to board.

Our room steward, John, was in our stateroom shortly after we boarded. I had called Princess to request an egg crate for our bed, but told that they weren't available. When I asked our steward about this, he explained that in our area we had new mattresses with pillowtops and he didn't think that we'd want/need the egg crates. Boy, he was right...the bed was very comfy! I understand that as they are getting more of the mattresses, they are donating the old ones to people who live in the port cities that the ship visits.

The muster drill was quick More and easy...we went to the Universe Lounge.

We really enjoyed more onboard activities on this cruise than on previous cruises. Trivia, Liar's Club, Karaoke, Scattergories, Ballroom Dancing, Champagne Ring Toss, Arts and Crafts, etc. This Activities Dept. staff is very good! We always watch The Wake Show and carry the daily Princess Patter with us to see what is going on.

The entertainment was excellent! Singer, guitarist Zack Willingham had a great performance and we enjoyed the comedian, Rollin Jay Moore. We went to the first performance of Alexander Great, an illusionist. Did not go to see the mentalist or hypnotist. The singers and dancers were very good. This was a changeover cruise where one production team ended their contract and a new team came on board. We saw performances by both teams and they are talented young people. Loved the Motown review which ending, but loved the new programs. Dance! had an Irish dancers segment that was awesome. The Bayou show in the Universe Lounge was great, esp. including the ship's orchestra. "What a Swell Party" featured many Cole Porter songs and was so good.

Dining- We had early seating in the Bordeaux Dining Room at a table of 4. The food was tasty....there was something each night that I liked. I ate fish most nights, having a strip steak one evening that was pretty fatty. The cog au vin was very good. Escargot was delicous. Gazpacho was the best soup of the week. One night we ate in Sabatini's and it has changed since we were on the Coral in Alaska 3 yrs. ago when the appetizers were passed family style. This time around we selected one item from each course. Honestly, I wasn't impressed...my husband had a great steak, but my lobster 3 ways wasn't very good, with the exception of the small lobster tail. (Note: We noticed that neither the Bayou or Sabitini's was ever crowded....in past cruises, they were always busy.

We were wondering if 11 nights would be too many but decided that is definitely not the case!! Less

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>

Semi Sub A ferry ride to the "Semi Sub" that offered us a great view of the Antilla with a history of the shipwreck. The water was crystal clear so that was great.
We also went to a natural bridge but I didn't get off the bus.....the last stop at the rock formations was interesting.
Our tour guide on the bus was adorable but she seemed to be new at this. We were surprised when she told us that she'd worked for the company for 3 yrs.

Read 686 Aruba Reviews

We walked to the port terminal to pick up some souveniers. There were some beautiful animals there including flamingos and various birds that were well cared for. Also a spot for free WiFi. We had thought that we'd go to town, but the taxi "negotiating" was intense so we went back to the ship.

We went to the shopping area and bought some souveniers, but I do not like the bargaining, so I didn't buy much.