Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by SC0128: Never again.

SC0128
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Never again.

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

Having sailed twice before on Carnival, I was extremely disappointed this time. I received a 'special offer' and decided to upgrade to a balcony room...no problem, right? The pictures of the balcony rooms on the website looked very nice, so I felt it was worth the difference. What I got was totally different. Our room had twin beds with closed bunk beds located above them (nobody mentioned this while we were discussing the upgrade) so if you wanted to sleep in the middle of the bed instead of hanging off, you had to be careful getting in or out or you'd bump your head on the part of the upper bunk hanging out of the wall. Totally ridiculous set up when it was only for two people.

The embarkation was very smooth, I'll give them that. We had no problems with checked luggage, except for a rather long wait on the last piece delivered. Our cabin steward was friendly enough, but our room didn't receive service one day because he didn't have time to get to it (his words) before the More master keys were taken up. So, the beds weren't made or towels replaced until turn-down service time. We weren't in the room in his way, either.

The Captain's Celebration Dinner was ridiculously slow. It appeared there had been staff cutbacks and the dining room was one of them. We ordered the prime rib, but what we got looked a heck of a lot more like rib eyes, and the au jus was gravy, and I do mean gravy, poured over the meat. There was no dressing at all on the Caesar Salad...none. The baked potato was shriveled and the cherries jubilee is ice cream and cherries. When I asked about it being lit, the server said 'we don't do that anymore', so it's hardly cherries jubilee, now is it?

Forget about drinking any tap water on board. It is AWFUL. It almost forces you to buy bottled water because it had such a horrible taste. The buffet was not well put together and there was a startling lack of cooked vegetables to be found. Room service was ok, the menu was smaller but adequate and they were very prompt with delivery.

All in all, I was very disappointed in this cruise. Compared to the other Carnival cruises I've taken, the service, food and accommodations were sub par. I don't expect to be treated like royalty, but I do expect to get what I've paid for, and I just don't feel that they held up their end of the bargain this time. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>