MSC Divina Cruise Review by angie450

MSC Divina
Member Name: angie450
Cruise Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
Overall a very good experience

First the bad: the food and the food service are average, at best. The dining room servers are slow, they're not engaging, they even look bored, and the food was usually meh. I expected better from a European cruise line, seeing as how they place so much emphasis on food in Europe. The food in the buffets wasn't so bad, and there was lots of variety. But one usually looks forward to a nice meal in the dining room at night... don't get your hopes up.

Now for the good: The ship is absolutely beautiful. There are lots of beautiful areas, lounges, pools, there's even some staircases in the main area called the Swarovski Stairs because they glitter with what looks to be Swarovski crystals. Very nice touch. The cabins are very roomy. We had a ton of people in our party, and everyone from the inside cabin to the cabin with a balcony said their cabin was very roomy. Drink specials: they have a variety of alcoholic beverage deals that you can buy before you sail or when you go on board, and they're totally worth it - even the cheapest deal includes most drinks, cocktails, and top shelf liquors. And they had a great selection of beer, which I loved.

The best part is the entertainment... all I can say is wow. I'm an entertainer myself, and till now of all the cruise lines I considered Disney had set the bar very high when it came to mainstage shows. The MSC Divina had two shows per night and they were top notch - excellent singers and performers, amazing acrobatics, incredible staging and lighting... it was all just so amazing I think they are really giving Disney a run for their money. Each night our negative experience in the dining room was erased by a breathtaking show afterward. Way to go, Divina. I also have to say the navigational crew really saved us... the weather was so bad every day that we rocked and rocked and were unable to take the tenders to the private island... no problem, our crew somehow found a sunny spot, we steamed toward it, still rocking some, next thing I know we are turning around and now sailing in the direction of the wind, so the ship sailed for hours without rocking at all, and we finally got some sun and enjoyed our unexpected sea day anyway. Good job, Captain and crew!

Publication Date: 12/02/13