“Our first bad cruise. Bad weather,bad food, and few high points.”
Cruise review of Crown Princess

MAN-FOR-ALL-SEASONS Crown Princess 1 Our first bad cruise. Bad weather,bad food, and few high points.
MAN-FOR-ALL-SEASONS
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

We arrived in Heathrow on departure day, and the trouble started when my bags did not arrive ( my wife's did). The airtravel was arranged by Princess and I paid for full travel Insurance. The local airline reps took my itinerary and other Information, but said it would be the ships responsibility to get them to the ship if they ever arrived. The pursers staff Claimed it was all up to US AIR to get me the bags. No one Could tell me what my insurance covered or offered me a way to Get some clean clothes.

At the ship we were given the bad news that we would be Stuck in port for several days. At least I got my bags the Second night. I was worried they might get sent to Le Have Or Vigo which were two of the three stops we missed.

This was my fourth transatlantic, and my third cruise on the Crown.

Every trip the food and entertainment gets worse. The best food was at The grills on the pool level, pizza, dogs, burgers, etc.

The buffet was terrible. Sit down lunch was better. The

Pub only opened for lunch once in 14 days, and the line was Enormous. The Caribe food court behind the Horizon Court only opened for early breakfast. Why? It usually serves varied ethnic specials.Also the pools were almost always empty.

As Platinum members we could use the daily VIP cocktail hour, but it was not

In Skywalker's as usual, but the less attractive Club Fusion. We only went twice, poor atmosphere.

My main complaint is that the Captain slow steamed right past the Azores, another port we missed. He did 14 to 16 knots all the way from Lisbon to to to Bermuda.

Had he done the usual 20 to 21 knots we would have had plenty of time to stop at the Azores. Princess saved fuel and we missed the port we most wanted to visit. Yes we got a credit for a future cruise, but a cash refund would have given us more options since we already have a few booked cruises.

Crown Princess Cruises to Transatlantic

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Crown Princess Review
Crown Princess Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?