Ventura Cruise Review by mickvan: Oh dear

Oh dear

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

Traveled down to Southampton with the complimentary coach provided from Manchester airport which was stress free. On arrival at Southampton unfortunately the check in at the terminal had technical issue's and held up the check in procedure for over 1 hour.

On boarding the ship we were allowed straight into our room which was a Balcony cabin on Deck A the cabin was good and a good size comfy bed.

Now I have been told how good P&O Cruising is I have only done Royal Caribbean and Princess so my expectation was high. Well I was very disappointed first with the internal layout of the ship the Atrium was small and not has impressive of that of Royal Caribbean ships of the same size.

The dining experience was not very good at all,dining rooms were drab the staff not very friendly the food was ok. The East restaurant and White room (which was an extra cost) on the other hand were excellent.

The bars on the ship were ok but lacked that atmosphere. I More thought the shows/entertainment on the ship were very good. I was surprised of the lack of anti-bacterial gel on and off the ship when boarding.

Its my first transatlantic crossing which I would not do again, to many sea days. The ship in all I was disappointed with, the ships crew did not go that extra mile a part from Crosby our cabin steward, the ports visited were fine. Will I cruise with P&O again probably but not until the the new ship Brittania is launched. Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>