Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by mawsey4

Member Name: mawsey4
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

happy happy

This was my first cruise, from Hawaii back to Sydney, given to me by my daughter and her husband who had spent their honeymoon on Millie the year before.We also took my other daughter and her husband, so had a family cabin 7202.

I have just read other reviews, and was gobsmacked at some of the complaints.We spent 19 days on Millie and did not have one complaint AT ALL.

We arrived at the embarkation point and was very swiftly pointed in the right direction, to hand our bags over, then on to the point of actually booking in, to board the ship.The whole process from dropping off bags booking in and the photos took about 30-40 mins and we were on board to a glass of champagne as a welcome.

The entire staff from waiters, room attendants, kitchen staff,cleaners, pool staff, entertainers EVERYONE was there to make our experience a good one.AND THEY DID A GREAT JOB.

Special mention to our cabin boys Cliff and Brian, what lovely people. They were very helpful. One of the family felt a little ill and spent the day in the cabin.Cliff was very attentive, and rather than disturb my son in law just gave us fresh towels at my request and left "poor patient" to sleep.

Another person I must congratulate was Pearl a waitress. She was a delight indeed. Warm friendly and a very interesting and helpful person indeed. There was another guy WASHY WASHY, who for part of his duties dispensed the much needed sanitizing solution..What a lovely man always happy.

I cannot speak highly enough of the ship and the ENTIRE staff including the lovely Captain. Anything that you asked or required it was attended to quickly.

Complaints????? Yes I had a few., of some passengers!!!!

Why is it that SOME passengers feel the need to talk DOWN to the ships staff, treating them like.....OH WE ARE THE UPPER CLASS PASSENGERS YOU ARE THE LOWLY WORKERS. UTTER RUBBISH!!!!!!!!

I witnessed many passengers asking for say toast or other items and no PLEASE OR THANK YOU. Reaching in behind the closed blinds on certain sections of the food areas not yet open. Passengers not being courteous to other passengers.In the toilets some women leaving the toilets and not washing their hands. If some women did this its possible some men did the same UUGGHH I cannot fault the staff or the ship for the cleanliness, passengers, well that's another thing.

I can only speak of our experiences, the staff were 101% kind, attentive and made our cruise a delight. My youngest daughter who has a slight handicap, had by her own fault, three falls on the boat and each time the staff were there in that very instant to assist. She does fall at times but needs her own time to regain her footing.The staff were very concerned for her well being but I assured them she was OK. One time we asked Cliff our room attendant if we could get a wheelchair for her, when she was having an off day. In 10 mins that wheelchair was delivered. No problems maam was the reply.

Disembarkation.... I have read a few complaints. We requested a 9-30am departure to coincide with a car hire pick up at the Marriott, just a 5 min walk from the ship. Ship or boat I always get corrected for calling it the wrong name. Anyway we assembled in the Theatre and then waited for out number to be called. What do people expect to gust get off immediately.????? You are taken through in order. Those with connecting flights go first, IF YOU TOLD THE SHIPS PERSONNEL THAT YOU HAVE A FLIGHT. Then there's the fact that they don't want a line up of too many people all jammed in one long line. Then you must consider that Quarantine inspections must be done. Some people just do not declare items that MUST be declared, then when found out this takes a longer time, hence delaying the next group coming behind.We were told no food items or water. I saw lots of people with these items heading for quarantine.

There was a group of women near me going through their carry on with heaps of the chocolates that were left on their bed at turn down each night. They were taking them home. Did they declare them??????Also the entry form clearly stated shells, how many people declared the shell necklace that was given to them on arrival on the ship. All this takes time to sort out at quarantine and makes the processing take longer.The quarantine officer thanked me for having ALL my declared items IN MY CARRY ON LUGGAGE. making my exit very quick indeed.Yes exiting the ship took a little longer that SOME passengers thought, but stop and think was it Millies or the staff's fault?????? NO

Congratulations Celebrity Millennium a job WELL DONE!!!!!!!I certainly will be sailing with you again and will be proud to recommend you to all I know.

Publication Date: 12/02/13