Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by jay1234

Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: jay1234
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 5.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Ship is a let down and will never cruise on it again

To start I would like to say that i have taken over a dozen cruises with Carnival and for the most part I have been happy with them all UNTIL......I cruised on the Sunshine out of New Orleans on November 18th. Carnival waisted money if they think this is an improvement. Here is some of their great improvements..

1. I counted in 1 day 11 buckets catching leaks in the hall ways going to my cabin and thats just on deck 6

2. The theater is now about 1/3 the size of any other ship I have been on and I have been on 10 with Carnival. The seats slide all over the floor because they have to remove them each night because now the show room is now not only for the shows but after the shows its becomes the night club.

3. 6 Deck Balcony Cabins may as well be in the Red Frog Pub because all night and I do mean all night your room will shake rattle and roll from the loud music not only in the Red Frog Pub but also from the live band that play just outside the Pub. Music so loud my TV as shaking. 3 cabins to my right and 5 cabins to my left on both sides of the hall all had the same issue..Nice upgrade huh!!!

4. Elevators were great to take when they were not broke down. Get used to the stairs!!!

5. The comedy club, the Steak House, The Piano Bar are now down some mysterious hall away from everything else. Then they pack a couple hundred people for a comedy show and if your one of the unluck ones that does not get one of the approx 50 seats in front of the stage you get to sit behind the stage and watch it on TV,,Sound like a good time huh?? NOT!!!

6. Rooms are now much smaller,, matter of fact my Balcony room was small then my neighbors inside cabin...Again another area Carnival cut bact to slam as many cabins in this ship as they could rather then comfort for guests.

7. as for the Decor of the ship,,,hell my kid could have done that for them at way less the $200 million they spent on putting Lido Deck bars on the ship.

In the last year or so you can really tell how Carvival has cut back on EVERYTHING. It reall shows on the Lido deck with the lack of drink servers. Usually on deck a waiter will ask you if you want a drink at least 2-3 times an hour, well not on the Sunshine. There were 11 of us sitting on the lido deck from 9:30 am - 3:45 pm on 11-23-13 and we had 1 waiter come ask us 1 time if we wanted a drink and that happened at 1:20 pm. Yes we drank alot and got up and got our own drink everytime..Thats service for you HUH???

Now the Good on the Sunshine

Only 1 thing was the food and the way the broke up the food stations to serve the food. It really worked and hardly ever had a line to wait in to eat. Guys Burgers are Ok bit the Ji Ji Asian place was great.

Over all this ship SUCKS and this may have been my last Carnival Cruise.

Publication Date: 12/02/13
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review