Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Navajogirl2

Member Name: Navajogirl2
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: other

Cabin/ship

My family and I have been cruising for nearly eight years. We know what to expect and how the cruise lines work. While I loved the ship carnival breeze, several things could not be ignored.

When we entered our cabin for the first time, we noticed our cabin had a heavy, stale odor. I am a nurse so before I lay anything down I inspect. My husband started with the blanket on the bed, which I found surprising, he never helps me inspect, he watches me do it. He folded back the blankets and took off the top sheet which was dirty and had this unwashed smell, he also took off the fitted sheet and looked at the bed protector. It was covered with old urine stains , hair and the material smelled. We contacted the cabin service and at first he said he did not see a problem, my husband asked him if he could see the stains and he said no but he will change everything. People whatever you do, please be careful, we are at the mercy of these cabin cleaning people, and I feel if we piss them off we may end up with shoddy room service, poor cleaning and since this is not monitored, foreign objects in our daily ice bucket change or worse. I tipped him for this very concern.

The only other issue I find and this is with all the cruise line, the buffet in dining. When two or three thousand people are touching utensils it gets disturbing. There are those who touch their body parts, scratch their armpits and than touch the food equipment. I also see children who pick their noses, and other areas than touch the equipment. It's really disgusting. While we can't get people to stop this, we may have the ships encourage us to at least use the hand sanitizers, before touching food. Which is why I try to eat in the dining room.

My last issue is with the buffet room floor of Carnival Breeze. It was very slippery and difficult to walk on. Several passengers were sliding around some reported to the dining room people but we were told only to be careful. One child fell down onto the floor but he appeared to be uninjured.

Other than those small but important issues the cruise was okay. I did not appreciate the constant advertisement for diamonds international, or Milano or tanzanite, which you can find in America, the tanzanite, not the jewlery stores. I was in Nassau and saw this beautiful topaz necklace, priced at 600.00 dollars, I told the diamonds international sales repersentative, I would like a good deal she said okay two hundred. I said what? The piece is in sterling silver with gold overlay. So we searched the other advertised places and could not find a deal for the same type, so I came back to Diamonds International and said I would take it but not at two hundred. I got the price for 180.00 dollars. So I was inspecting it and felt a small chip on the side of the gem, and than looked at it and I could see a jagged edge on the side, I asked her for a jewelry loupe and she said she did not have one, I asked her to find one, so she grumbled at the other lady and came back and told me she did not have one, in a jewelry store. I told her forget it, I was not buying it. She got sort of upset. I think we as consumers really need to do our homework. At Milano jewelry I encountered the same type of jewlery problems. I looked at three different topaz bracelets and found small chips on the side of the stones. The jewelry guy said I had a good eye, which I then used to propose a bargain.

I may not return to a cruise line. If we want to be satisfied with constant bombardments of great jewlery in these ports, or excellent buffets, we need to do our homework before we purchase that six thousand dollar jewel or the three thousand dollar art piece, or even dining in the self serve buffet.

Publication Date: 12/02/13