“Nice rolling ship”

ERLEC
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We were flying from Montreal to Miami on the Saturday. We had a small night because the flight was leaving MTL at 6am. Everything was on-time and we were in Miami around 10am.

The time to pickup our luggage, jump on a cab and before 11am we were in the port terminal. I found the waiting process a bit long before our number got called. Took about 1 hour.

Once onboard the ship we went to our room to quickly meet our steward and tip her to bring us 2 lounge chairs for the balcony (10$). Worked great. In no time I had my chairs on my wonderful AFT-view balcony. The best view I ever had on a ship! Amazing... Worth the extra $$ big times!

We ate in Taste and it was good. I was so hungry. The morning was long...

Overall I found we had very good meals on the Epic. It was above what we previsouly had with Carnival. I espacially appreciated Le Bistro. It was my favorite "for-fee" speciality restaurant.

I didn't like the fact that you had to wait sometime 45 minutes to get a seat in the Manathan room. But they give you a glass of bumbles for waiting, which is not bad.

The ship is huge... It took me a few days to remember where each venue are located. You have 3 floor (5-6-7) that contains everything...

The bad thing: This ship is rocking and rolling a lot. I suspect it's because of the design of the ship itself. By warned before taking this ship if you are very prone to sea sickness. My wife never was before and for the first time she was not feeling well at the beginning of the trip.

Other than that, amazing ship, very beautiful and lots of things to do. The shows were wondeful. I loved Blue Man group a lot! Incredible show... Legends in Concert had Steven Tyler and he was a big hit too.

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Corner aft-cabin. Amazing huge balcony. The view is incredible. Room for 2 lounge chairs, a small table and the two regular chairs. The cabin design is very nice and I personally loved the toilet and shower design. Lots of storage in the room... Just too many places to store your stuff, it's crazy!Bed is extermely comfortable... I want the same mattress at home now!

Port

Walked to Junkanoo beach. Lots of people in there, didn't really like the place.

Our day in Nassau was not good weather wise. We did some shopping in the flea market and then we jumped back on the ship.

Read 4,116 Nassau Reviews

Took a cab to Maho beach: 8$ pp

The beach is nice and I got to see the KLM 747 from Amsterdam landing. Very cool to see once in a lifetime! Be warned, the guy renting the lounge chair is not cheap. 10$ per chair, no drinks included.

Read 3,322 St. Maarten Reviews
Port

Took a cab to Magen's Bay: 8$ pp

Amazing beach. We were there by 8:30am... Almost the first ones to arrive there! Very nice beach, we loved it! Took incredible pictures in there. Not a place for snorkling... Nothing to see.

Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 12/02/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?