“Brilliance of the Seas”

Chase101
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We had a pretty easy embarkation with my husband who is disabled & he uses a cane. They were very nice and helpful. Our Family Oceanview Room was very nice. We had my husband & I along with our 2 daughters, 23 & 26. The cabin was very large, with a lot of storage space. There was plenty of room for 4 of us. Their room had a big closet & drawers with bunk beds, and ours had a big bed with a lot of drawers & closet. The only drawback was they had curtains, but that was ok. We managed the shower situation quite well with 3 women & 1 bathroom. It was nice having so much room to move around as it can accommodate 6 people. My daughters did hear the performance from the theater on decks 5 & 6 a couple nights, but my husband & I are sound sleepers & I wear earplugs, so we didn't hear anything. We would definitely pick this cabin again. There wasn't too much rocking & rolling & I didn't want a room on deck 3 or 4. Someone dropped this room right before final payment & I swapped 2 balcony rooms on deck 8 for this room & saved $1500. It was will worth it!!!

We had MTD and got there at 5:30 each evening. We had Jonathan as our waiter & Allan as our Asst. waiter. They were excellent! We had the same table by the window every night. The food was good. The food in the Windjammer was good also. One night we hit there & they had a crepe station that was wonderful.

The service on the ship was good. My husband couldn't make a ship excursion & I went to the desk an hour before it was to begin & they refunded the money with no questions. The entertainment was okay, nothing spectacular. We found plenty of stuff to do and had a great time.

We have always found that a cruise is what you make it, & found plenty of good things about this one.

Brilliance of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Snorkeling

We booked the Jolly Roger Sail & Snorkel. It was well worth the money. They serve a nice lunch and after the snorkeling, and the Rum was free flowing. We had rum punch, or rum & coke. The sailing crew were very nice and helpful with people who were new to snorkeling. I wouldn't suggest this excursion to anyone who are not very comfortable in the water, as it is about 20 feet deep where we snorkeled. Most of the people did wear floatation vests. We had a great time.

Published 12/02/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Brilliance of the Seas Review
Brilliance of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?