“We loved it!”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

NEIndianaboy Carnival Victory 5 We loved it!
NEIndianaboy
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We just returned home last night from our cruise. It was an amazing trip! The staff was amazing! Our Steward was Ivan and if you get him he will take very good care of you! There were really only a couple of things that bothered me.

1. They are constantly trying to sell you something. Be it booze, diamonds, watches, art, excursions, booze...did I say booze? I really tried to stay away from the Lido deck pool area because it was every couple of minutes someone coming around asking if I wanted some booze. I do not have a problem with alcohol or others drinking alcohol but it got really annoying. The first and about half way into the second night of dinner it was about the same.

2. The Cruise director should change his title to Marketing director. And every time he spoke it was like a really bad radio DJ voice.

Other than that it took a bit of time to get use to the fact that you cannot go straight trough on desks 3 and 4 but once we got it it was very easy.

The ship is very well cared for and clean. The food was very good at the dinner and breakfast service. And the buffets were not bad considering how many people they were feeding. My bride and are huge vegetable fans and on the room service menu they have a "platter" of vegis for 1 that that we loved! I think in the 4 days we were there we order 11 or 12 of them. We would most certainly go on this ship again. Especially if we can have another suite with balcony! We spent hours just hanging out on our balcony sipping wine and chatting! I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Our room was very nice and spacious considering it was on a cruise ship. The layout was fantastic!

Port

We spent the day at Paradise beach and loved it. Again our time there was way to short. We got in at 1:00 in the afternoon and the sun went down at 5:40 or so otherwise we would have gone to one of the all inclusive beaches. Paradise is nice if you are only able to get a small amount of time on the beach.

Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews
Port

We loved Key West but the time there was way to short. We went on the Hop on Hop off Tour and that was very interesting and let us see a lot since our time was so short.

Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Published 12/02/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?