Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by weluvhandk

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by weluvhandk
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: weluvhandk
Cruise Date: November 2013

Second cruise aboard the Liberty of the Seas

This was our second cruise aboard the Liberty of the Seas. The first being in Dec. 2011. The ship's overall condition seemed to be good compared to almost 2 years ago. Activities for persons of all ages were abundant and despite our sailing being the week before Thanksgiving, there weren't a lot of children onboard this sailing which our daughter didn't mind and neither did we because it was quieter than our previous sailing. Service in the Windjammer Cafe, Rembrandt dining room, Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade were excellent. I could speak volumes about the kind and attentive individuals who strive to make everyone's cruise lovely. However, regarding cleaning service in the Windjammer Cafe, I felt there were at times especially during slower periods, workers not always keeping busy enough when there was clearly food on the floor under tables and chairs with crumbs on them which was something that would make selecting a table sometimes challenging. The cleaning in these areas was an opportunity.

Our balcony stateroom, 8262, was adequate and well located mid-ship. The stateroom was not cleaned appropriately upon our arrival and I advised Guest Relations to have the situation resolved which the Manager, Deck Supervisor and Cabin Attendant all responded to promptly. I also received follow-up to ensure proper cleaning was continuing. This was not my experience on our first Liberty of the Seas cruise, which cleanliness was 5 star that cruise. Also, the shower in these staterooms have what I would say is an "overflow" small area behind the toilet, but I don't believe water should regularly flow a bit out onto the bathroom floor under the toilet, which in our bathroom it routinely did which makes me think the flooring is not leveled appropriately. Also, this stateroom's balcony is under one of the hot tubs a few decks up and the first night the hot tub must have been leaking because we kept getting water dripping down on us when leaning on our balcony railing. The hot tub was drained and must have been repaired then refilled as we had no further issues.

We decided to not set out our bag the night before disembarkation and do the early (7:30-8:30am) early disembarkation. Well, I think over the half the passengers did the same thing also because I heard someone say that people started lining up at 5:30am! The process was ridiculous, you couldn't even get an elevator to get you down to Deck 3 and when you finally did, it was next to impossible to even get off the elevator due to the massive people crammed throughout the deck trying to get to Studio B on that deck. After being herded through Studio B, we had to pull our bags down the steps all the way down to Deck 1 to disembark the ship. It was a ridiculous process and something better needs to be implemented even if it does require all guests to comply with the numbered tags they are provided and to only disembark when their number or color is called as this wasn't a positive end to a lovely 5 days. Overall, I wish that Royal Caribbean would (as other cruise lines already have) add guest self-laundry facilities onboard their ships when they dry dock them for refurbishment. If it's a revenue thing, make the laundry facilities coin-operated. Just to have them available would be so advantageous to guests, especially families and those on longer cruises (i.e. Transatlantic, etc.). I recommend the Liberty of the Seas as it's a lovely ship and I recommend Royal Caribbean as a cruise line. It's great for guests of all ages!

Publication Date: 11/30/13