Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by devica71

Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: devica71
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

HORRIFIC CRUISE

Words can't describe this cruise. The boat needs refurbishing. The oceanview cabin was extremely small. There was even duct tape holding together a table. This is not a cruise for anyone under 50 years old. My husband and I are in our 40's and I booked this from a priceline agent, who lied to me and told me how "FUN" and numerous activities to look forward to, including the "club" on board to go dancing.

The average age of guests were 70-75 years of age. I heard "Sweet Caroline" playing a million times. There was even a "Neil Diamond" night. Everything was catered to someone over 70. There were tons of restaurants, but the food was not tasty. The "club" was a lounge without a D.J. and music from the 70's and 80's. I don't have issues with the elderly, but this is definitely not a cruise for anyone young or even families with young kids. There is nothing fun at night to do, except listen to oldies...not my thing. Put it this way, my husband and I were in bed playing cards at 10pm because we were so utterly bored. The shows are not the best either.

The worst....yes, just keeps getting better...We were having a drink with a couple that was in their 30's and they informed us, that this was also a "old swingers cruise". Ewe...how disgusting is that! No wonder old men and women were trying to flirt with us.

I will do my own research next time I go on a cruise. This was the absolute worse one I've been on so far. The activities were Bingo everyday (surprise, surprise).

There were seats to sit in every few feet, so the elderly could sit down where ever they went. The room service food was just as bad. Just a few items to choose from and came cold both times we ordered. Plus after midnight, you have to pay a $5 service charge. We always tip either way. The only tasty food was when we went to the Hibachi restaurant, but of course it was an extra $25 per person.

The ports were the only thing we looked forward too,just to get off the stinking boat. The disembarkment was terrible. We decided to just take our luggage with us, so we wouldn't have to wait on board any longer. We did the quick and easy, "leave with your luggage" disembarkment. NOT AT ALL. It took 2.5hours waiting in line to finally go through customs and go home.

Overall....young people...stay off of this boat if you want to have a good time. Crappy boat, crappy food, crappy entertainment.

Publication Date: 12/01/13