“The best yet”

Gregor4500
Member Since 2005
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My wife and I, both in our 50's had an uneventful drive to New York from eastern PA. Arriving at around 11:30 we paid the $35.00 a day to park at the pier and were on board about an hour later.

We had upgraded to a mini suite from a balcony for a minimum charge. Which for us was well worth it. For those new to NCL don't be confused by the term "mini suite", it is basically just a larger balcony room. I mention this because we sailed in full suites the previous two times and NCL has some great perks for those.

Anyway for us the room was perfect. Our room steward did an excellent job of taking care of our needs without being intrusive.

The entertainment on board was top notch. We went to several shows. A comedian, a juggler and a vocalist. As well as a variety show at the end. We enjoyed them all. The lounge singers/musicians we also very talented.

The food seemed to be the only thing I heard any complaints for. I do understand why, because over the years the quality cuts of meat have been deleted from the main dinning room menu. However, you have to keep in mind the cruise fare doesn't seem to have gone up in 30 years. Our first cruise was in 1984 on Carnival. We only paid about $150.00 more per person now for a balcony than we did then for an ocean view. So for us the main dinning room is fine for some nights, but we opt to pay for a few nights in the specialty restaurants as well.

The staff were all great. Everyone helpful and happy. Really not much else to add there.

The ports are what you make of them. We pretty much just find a nice beach. We were fortunate to have perfect weather.

Disembarkation went smooth. We always get a porter which by passes the long lines for customs.

All in all a great cruise.

Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Gem Review
Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?