Crown Princess Cruise Review by Upgrade5000: My Final Cruise with Princess ...

Upgrade5000
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

My Final Cruise with Princess ...

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I have taken several cruises with Princess Cruise Line and this was the last. The overall quality of the Line is Good in comparison to a Carnival cruise but where they drop the ball is customer service.

I cruised on the Crown Princess which is a nice ship overall. The Food was much better this time and I was able to get food from the Buffet that was sometimes actually above room temperature.

I booked a Balcony Stateroom 6 months in advance and requested 1st seating Dining with a Table for two (2). Registered my Cruise with "My Princess" on their website and registered the credit card I would be using.

When I arrived I was again asked to supply my credit card information and I did so.

Went to Dinner and though this time I was listed as a Past Guest (the cruise before I wasn't), I was shown to a Table of eight (8). When I explained that I had requested a Table for 2 I got the run-around and this continued thru-out the week? Instead of eating at 5:45 More pm they had me scheduled to eat at 8 pm??? It was Thursday by the time I was given what I had requested all along, a Table for 2 eating at 5:45 pm.

That's pretty bad but the attitude of the Stall is even worse. They kept telling me of how difficult it is to "change" my Table Assignment??? I'm telling them I don't want to change my Table Assignment. I want the Table Assignment that I requested in the first place.

I went to the Fitness Center and while working-out I was approached by the Staff running the Center and told that my Tennis shoes were making too much noise and he felt it was distracting to him (referring to the screeching noise shoes make on a wooden floor). I explained to him that this was a Gym, not a Library and continued my work-out.

The cabins are small and virtually the same size as on a Carnival Ship? This is a Luxury Line and they're supposed to be larger? My toilet stopped flushing halfway thru the cruise. You flush it and it just sits there???? It may flush in the next half hour, it may not?

Finally, when I went to the Passenger Services Desk to complain on Thursday, the woman Yessed me thru-out the entire time and I requested the "Tip" of $12 a day per passenger be removed from my bill she gave me a form to sign and then went into this elaborate story of how the refund will show up on my credit card statement on Saturday (which would be after the Cruise has ended and I would be on my way home). This was at 10 am. I returned to the desk later that day around 7 pm and spoke to a different person at desk and explained that I never got a copy of what I signed??? She tried to tell me it was an internal document and they don't give copies. I explained to her that anytime you ask someone to sign something they are to receive a copy of what they signed. As it turne out there was no record of me ever coming to the desk? Had I not come back, I wouldn't have discovered this until after the cruise and then they would have the story of we have no record of your complaint.

Anyway, I've done with the Princess way of doing things. Less