Carnival Glory Cruise Review by terrytallent1

Cabin Category: 6A
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean
As I looked for a New Year's activity I was sure all cruises would increase their prices to the point I would not consider them. Imagine my surprise when I found the Carnival Glory available for a bargain basement price for Military. When I indicated to several friends what a bargain I found they decided to join us. It was the best New Year's possible thanks to Carnival. We have relatives in Florida so we drove from Virginia to Orlando two weeks before the cruise and stayed in a time share and visited relatives. Two other couples also drove down just before the cruise and we met on board. About a dozen cruise critic folks arranged to meet in the Lido bar after life vest drill and we had a short but enjoyable get together. Most seemed to be from Canada. I will be more brief than normal with my review. I have to rate everything based on the price paid. That means this was the best cruise ever and I would do it again next New Year's! Yes I can always nit pick things that could have been better but my attitude is there is no such thing as a bad cruise! Check in saw a friend drop us off at the curb and we checked our bags. Yes I could have wished for a shorter faster line but it was NOT unreasonable. We dropped our carry on stuff at the room and ate lunch in the Red Sail buffet. It was funny in a way that one suitcase full of shoes was left in front of our friends cabin 1362 instead of our cabin 1262! Stuff happens! The Emerald Supper Club was booked for our second sea day and it was well worth the $30 per person charge. One of the couples treated everybody to some very expensive wines which made it even better! We saw most of every show and we were entertained. We got more than we paid for. We enjoyed the classical music and tea in the Ivory Lounge. We danced to slow dance songs in Colors in the lobby several nights. We snorkeled on New Year's day in Cozumel with a shore excursion. We toured the Mayan ruins and took a fast boat down the river in Belize. We went horseback riding in Costa Maya. We walked to the fort and water tower in Nassau as well as the straw market and Senor Frog's. The weather was almost perfect every day. We spent the sea days being lazy. We won the trivia contest 3 times. Once with just 6 or 15 right! New Year's Eve saw the balloon drop in the lobby and a midnight buffet with the stars and the sea air capping off a wonderful memory. My wife fund the perfect "memory" in the shop on board. A gold dolphin slide for her Omega necklace. There is so much activity on board it was hard to keep track of it all. The daily guide was Capers and you could tear off a hour by hour list of what to do and fold it up in your pocket or purse. Drink specials were very reasonable. This was our 4th cruise in 15 months and the second on a Carnival ship to the Western Caribbean. I would be happy to try to answer specific questions. terrytallent1

Publication Date: 01/10/07