Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by suzbook: Very Poor Service on the EPIC, Very dishearting.

Norwegian Epic 1
suzbook
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Very Poor Service on the EPIC, Very dishearting.

Sail Date: November 2013

I had booked a cruise on the EPIC only because of the slides. I was taking my son and grandson for a nice week away. Booker a balcony - yes it was but it was never told to me that the view was through a steel wall so you could only see outside when standing looking out the window. I've always enjoyed balconys on every other ship, this was pitiful.

Our cabin - who puts the shower on one side of the door to the hall and the toilet on the other! No privacy at all and I'm sure the crew has walked in on a lot the way this is designed. Poor

Rooms were situated very strangely and you could hardly get around the couch area let alone where the bed was. Dirty, I've never seen such a dirty cabin in all my days of cruising (24 and counting). You could see dust think in areas that hadn't been touched and our mirror was so dirty the 1st day and never got touched all 7 days.

There were 3 of us and yet everyday the steward left towels, cups, etc for 2. And only made the More couch up when we had to ask each and every nite.

I have never had such poor service from the cabin steward to the restaurants. We literally waited 2 hrs in the dining room one evening to eat..... and the next night was no better so we never went back. Hate buffets since every nite its the same thing over and over. Thank God for the one FREE restaurant bar that served minimum items but all were good.

Blue Man group was awesome but the other shows were terrible. And unless you like waiting in lines to get into these places - you won't care for it either.

And they say eat anytime - well yes you can but only after you stand in line to get into the dining rooms in line for them to scan your card. Why? Why not just let people go in and seat their selves and let the dining begin? Horrible.

And 9.95 beer! Really?

So this will be my last Norweigen cruise..... love Princess and Royal Caribbean. Less

Published 11/28/13

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

Ship other than dirty cabin was awesome.

suzbook
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X

See Norwegian Epic deals up to 82% off:

November Deals
Norwegian Epic 66% Loved It

7-day Eastern Caribbean From Orlando (port Canaveral)