Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Eves52: Breeze was not a breeze

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

Breeze was not a breeze

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Our sail dates were Nov 9-15 2013, we were very excited to being on the flagship, this was also our 8th cruise this year with Carnival, so we were expecting the best of the best. Nothing was further than the best. The dinning room was so understaffed that we waited over 45 minutes to get our raw under cooked food, that was the last meal we ate in the dining room, which is what we enjoy as a rule, dressing and meeting other people to eat with. We decided to try the Steakhouse, bigger mistake costing us $70. We waited over an hour for our main course, and tables that came after us, were leaving while we were waiting on our food. They were very apologetic and had our food delivered to our room. The desserts were to die for, the steak, dry over cooked and not worth the money. But let me give you some great advice, eat in the Italian restaurant for 12$ you get more food than you can eat and the service is the best I have ever had on any cruise Carnival or other. The food was great, More bruschetta wonderful, the steak and the Short ribs wow!! and they entertained just like in the dining room(not sure the breeze did, but other all other cruises did) but with a more personal touch.

The buffet and Guys burgers were the best on any ship we had been on.

Enough of food, we were priority embarkation, and my luggage came after 630. So I was not a happy camper, not being able to dress for dinner. The ship because of it's structure, even though it had stabilizer's was by far the rolling-est ship I have ever been on even in calm seas. THis would have been nice if they told you before during the build up of the flag ship, I do not suffer from motion sickness, but this could have been bad.

Now for the workers, the cabin Stewart Jaxivier, and all the wait staff in the Italian restaurant, Tonya in Cloud 9 were wonderful, the casino staff also, but guest services, excursion desk and regular workers, were not friendly, nor used your name (which is a big deal to carnival) but they bordered on rude. Some were rude. Martian in the photo shop was also great.

The shore excursions were excellent, We are avid snorkelers and we tried the power snorkel in Grand Turk, while it was not what we were looking for as for as fish and coral, that was our fault, but we now know we would rather snorkel on our own speed and not with the power thing. It was interesting, but by far not our favorite.

In Aruba we snorkeled in a beach that allowed us on our own to go in the marked off area, there was life guard and we always felt safe, but the water was rough, and fun, we saw huge parrot fish, Angels and other fish we could not identify, but the guys on shore were willing and knowledgeable to answer our questions. Being avid Marine aquarium people, we were very happy for this information. All people were pleasant and the cruiser with us were full of fun!! Great get away. I recommend it to everyone. Food and drinks were included. (no alcohol till you came out of the water) and the Gift shops were ample and reasonable. Highly recommend it.

Curasoe was interesting, and enjoyable and I was not sure as we had a late arrival time and staying till 11p. But we used up the time, and hated to leave. Some people said they did not feel safe there, that was not our experience.

Dominican Republic was great with another resort beach excursion, everyone very friendly there and food and drinks were included. It also has European Bathing so clothes were optional, we saw very little of this, but was also good.

SO if your looking for great ports, and not expecting Carnivals usual FUN employees this is a great cruise. I would not travel the Breeze again, except if it was the only ship going to the parts of the Caribbean I wanted to see and not expect much from the staff. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>