Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by barbchris6864: My first cruise and I loved Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

barbchris6864
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

My first cruise and I loved Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

I loved this cruise and was sad to get off the ship. I could have stayed longer. The Windjammer food excellent. Such a variety and coureteous staff in there. The washy washy girl were a delight. Dining room (DeGamma) was amazing. Great choices of appetizers, meals and desserts. Food network fancy stuff. Waiters Emiliano and Suni were wonderful! Pulling out chairs, putting napkins on your lap and wiing crums away for you. Makde us feel like royalty! Loved them and the dining experience. The other couples at my table were perfect. Lovely people that I will stay in touch with. The highlights of the cruise were the Cruise Director and the Activities Manager. Leigh Xureub and Erky from Turkey. They made this cruise so much fun and made me laugh so hard every day. These guys should get paid alot because the happiness they provided me and my boyfriend for our 9 day vacation was the best.

Ocean view window, good enough for the 2 of us. Bathroom small but fine for the trip. Room More steward Joseph was Excellent! Closet space was adequate for 2. We had 2 large suitcases in there, lots of clothes on hangars, garment bags, and there were alot of shelves and drop down bars to place things on. Very nice. Felt minimal swaying of ship, hardly heard any noise next door and hallway quiet and peaceful. Slep like a baby, better than i sleep at home actually and the bed was comfy and big. Plent of room to spread out between two people, and I'm no skinny minnie so it was nice!

The ports were nice. Loved Labadee and the barbeque. Went to Cayo Levantado in Samana and did the beach and got a massage there. Very nice! In Charolette Amalie we took a guided tour the cost 25 dollars in safari truck and that was so much fun. The driver showed us some beautiful scenery and the tour was long and ended with some shopping for jewelry and liquor. San Juan we got there 4p-11 so we went to San Christobal fort. Beautiful.l Then walked around town making a stop at Senor Frogs for drinks and fun. Back on the Explorer we played trivia in the Schooner and met some folks that will be friends off the ship. So much fun winning luggage tags or pens, etc. There was so much to do on the ship no one can ever say they are bored! My cabin was perfect and my steward Joseph was a hard worker and made our room so nice and left us delightful towel animals. I cant wait to go on a cruise next year and I definitely would recommmend Royal Caribbean. I havent been on any other ships as this was my first cruise but I really don't see how anything could compare to what I experienced on the Explorer of the Seas. A+ Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>