Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Grandmaanne7

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Grandmaanne7
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Sensation
Member Name: Grandmaanne7
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Value-for-Money 5+

4 day Ladies Cruise

We are 6 ladies who enjoyed the Sensation from November 10 - 14, 2013. Two of us had never cruised before, two had been on one previous cruise 10 years earlier, one has been on 4 previous cruises and myself (I have been on 7 previous cruises).

We found the food, service and ambiance of the Sensation to be great. We had 3 ocean view cabins (R224, R228 and R232). Our cabin steward kept everything spotless and delighted us with a different towel animal creation each night. I had been a little apprehensive about the location of the cabins as our two cruise newbies were concerned about sea sickness and we were pretty far aft. This proved not to be an issue despite eventual problems (more on that later). The only complaints would be that 1) the layout of the beds forced anyone who wanted to look out the window to climb onto a bed and 2) the noise and vibration when docking was tremendous and would have been frightening to anyone who wasn’t aware of what was happening.

We ate mostly in the MDR and our dining team of Jesus, Stedwick and Ivan were outstanding! We looked forward to seeing them each evening and they knew all our names by the end of the first dinner. The food was quite good but not as good as I remember from my previous Carnival cruise of 10 years ago. The sea day brunch was delightful and the one meal we ate at the buffet was also good. We had 1 lunch at the Mongolian Wok which we all enjoyed and those who snacked on pizza also enjoyed it.

There were lots of choices for entertainment each day and evening and we sometimes split up and enjoyed different activities. (My favourite was the Thriller dance lesson with Jonathan.)

Unfortunately, our sea day was unusually rough. In fact, it was the roughest I have ever experienced at sea even though I have crossed both the Pacific and the Atlantic. The pool was closed and even the show was cancelled that night as it was unsafe for the dancers to perform. 4 of our group were definitely unwell, spending the day either in bed or wrapped up in towels and housecoats on Deck 10 for fresh air while trying to stay warm. During dinner, there were a couple of loud bangs as the ship shuddered and even the staff looked apprehensive at times. I felt bad for the staff having to work under those conditions.

I was very impressed with all staff that I interacted with except one. This young man was leaving the ship after this cruise and that may have influenced his poor choice of words. I found him to be very inappropriate and offensive. Other than that, all other interaction with staff was pleasant and professional.

All in all, it was a good cruise but I doubt we will repeat it.

Publication Date: 11/27/13