Celebrity Century Cruise Review by parisfemme: Relaxing trip to Hawaii

Relaxing trip to Hawaii

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: San Diego

Just got back from a Hawaii cruise on Celebrity Century and there are so many things I miss already. We had the smoothest embarkation with a CC cabin on Deck 9 and were checked in and on the ship in 30 mins. Our cabin wasn't ready so went off to have some lunch in the AcquaSpa cafe -- lovely cold poached salmon and a big salad.

Our cabin attendant was wonderful (thanks Merlin) and made us feel pampered. Cabin was a good size and there was lots of storage so you can hide the clutter of your stuff. Balcony was spacious and we spent lots of time there just reading and relaxing.

We didn't eat much in the MDR as we prefer to have sushi and various ethnic dishes for dinner so we ate mostly in the Islands Cafe. Fabulous Indian food, stir fry, or pastas and you can also get a grilled to order steak or salmon. I loved the afternoon tea with the light as air scones, jam and cream -- I miss those!! Who could have known there was such a choice in breakfast foods. I even had More kippers one morning! We tried the Murano one night and had a memorable dinner with a fabulous blue cheese souffle and a table-side prepared lobster (thanks Mohamed) with a mustard cream sauce. Delicious!

We took a couple of ship tours -- one on Kailua Kona -- a historical half day tour for me and a trip up to Mauna Kea for my husband. Unfortunately winds were too high to go right to the top but he still enjoyed his trip. We also did a last day tour of San Diego with airport dropoff as we had a late flight. Thanks Vera for the information about San Diego. We had never been before so enjoyed the history of a city we are sure to visit again.

The captain and crew were always visible and every staff person I encountered was pleasant and helpful. It is amazing to be on a ship with people from so many different countries. I loved how it said right on their staff badges where they were from. It made a great converstaion starter.

Entertainment was good with a variety of shows -- something for everyone. We loved Chelsea's nature lectures and my husband enjoyed the advertising business lectures.

All in all this was a fantastic cruise for us both and a wonderful relaxing break from our busy lives on land. It is only our second on Celebrity and we can't wait to start planning our next one. Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>