MSC Lirica Cruise Review by BernieH

Member Name: BernieH
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: MSC Lirica Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Lirica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Lirica Deck Plans
Pleasantly surprised

Before my cruise last month, I was so apprehensive. I had read many reviews of the MSC Lirica, nearly all of them negative to the pint of hate. So with great trepidation I boarded mid October. The 11 days went so fast, I loved everything about the boat...the fact that it was 96% European speaking didn't bother me. I can communicate where little English is spoken.

The cabin was spotless, my cabin staff meticulous with detail. The dining experience was fine. I dined in the dining room every night at a table with wonderful people, but all breakfast and lunches were in the buffet dining room. It is BUFFET, so what else do people expect. There is a fast rotation of food, cleaning tables, other guests taking up tables. It is a cafe buffet. The buffet on deck was the same. It's not the Ritz, but at no time does it portray to be.

I like fine dining, good wine, great service and wonderful atmosphere....I didn't miss out. The 2 waiters who looked after my table and two others were very polite and hospitable.

I think some people ask for too much, especially when the price is so affordable. I travelled on my own, so had a surcharge.....didn't bother me a bit. I would travel on Lirica again any day

Publication Date: 11/27/13