“The Epic Experience”

Showboy
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was my 17 cruise, however my first solo cruise. I sailed in the solo cabin 12578 sailing out of Miami on 16 Nov 2013. We had a couple of sea days + 3 land days in ST Maartin, ST Thomas and Nassau.

Checking was smooth, efficient and quick....30 min from bagged drop-off till I stepped onbaord. Cabins were ready at 1pm.

Overall review

FOOD

Poor to average except for speciality (extra fee) restaurants. I ate at two speciality restaurants and both were excellent....Cacneys and Tapenyaki.

SHOWS

Blue man group: Enjoyed parts of it, Im just glad I did not pay to see the show...it is overrate. More hype than entertainement value.

Ledgends in Consert: Lively and fun. All three impersonators are good however ...Steven Tyler was superior in terms of his look and voice.

Cirque du Dreams:

A MUST see show. Move over Cirque du Soleil...this intimate show allows the audience to experience the best of the art of circus up close.

Music:

Pool side band and musicians playing in Shakers bar were all excellent.

Parties:

FABBA and White Hot Party is a must. Stay awake till the early hours of the morning...the most fun you will have at night on the Epic. The DJ at these parties was excellent.

Ice Bar:

Good fun. The barman, coat check man and the lady who booked us in are all efficient, friendly and fun. A different experience you should have at least once in your life.

SERVICE

Overall very good. Heidi in Shakers bar is caring. Michael my cabin attendand was one of the best Ive ever had. Chef Christopher will do whatever to please you and cater to your cullinary needs.

CABIN

The solo cabin is spacious enough for one person. With colour changing lights, leather padded walls, very comfy bed and lots of storage space....I loved staying in this cabin. Solo travellers have a private lounge where you meet for drinks, arrange meals and activities together. Many "none solo" travellers treid to get into this lounge as this was the "in place" to be. You can either join in or remain on your own...its what you make of it. Well done to NCL for being an industry leader in the solo cruising market. Im hooked on solo cruising!

SPA

The day pass is worth it....only 120 available per cruise, get yours early. I had a massage with Mario, he has a magical touch. I did find the spa very expensive comapred to land based spas.

OVERALL

The ship is kept clean. The staff are friendly and they really seem to care about your well being. Shore excursions are over priced. Plan your own. Walk off the ship and do any tour for much less than charged for by NCL.

The pools are far too small for 4000+ passengers. Finding deck chairs were not a problem as reported by others. Waterslides are fun for all ages.

NCL is not the best cruise line in my opinion....having said this, they try hard and overall I had a great experience. I will sail with NCL again.

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?