Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Stteph20

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Absolutely fantastic!!!! Stateroom 2338

I was expecting way less after reading the reviews people posted from earlier cruises this year but let me just tell you about my experience:

Service: Best Costumer service ever... they keep telling you "You are on vacation!" like you can get anything and everything you want... want coffee? you got it! want 2-3 lobsters? No problem! Waiters on our London Dining room where amazing! we sat 4 of the nights on the same aisle so we got to spend some time with the waiters and they were fantastic. Like Vidayasa, Carlos, Alvin (He is a great dancer!) Uberney! wow amazing people. Our Stateroom housekeeper, was nice as well, he didn't talk much, but always called us by our names with a big smile on his face, he kept our room very clean and always kept everything staked (ice, glasses, clean towels,etc)

Entertainment: WOOOOOW... Comedy shows..(some might offend you) Live salsa band, dance shows with an amazing cast! Magic Shows.. Bingo, Hairy Chest contest, love dare.. karaoke! etc.. I mean you will NOT BE BORED!

Cruise ship as a whole: I had read that you couldn't tell about the updates on the Triumph, and well.. since it was my first time on it,all I can say is that it was GOOD TO ME! always clean. ALWAYS.. there were so many people constantly cleaning and keeping everything tidy up that it looked very nice.

EXCURSIONS: I don't know what else is there to do in Progreso, and if one excursion is better than the other.. I had lived in Mexico for many years while I was a teenager and remembered visiting Chichen Itza so I wanted my husband to see it as well so we took this excursion.. The company who took us there were great. I have NOTHING NEGATIVE to say about them. but... IT IS 2 HOURS AWAY.... 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE ON A BUS FOR A TOTAL OF 4 HOURS.... might not be worth it.. I think I rather recommend you to go and visit the colonial city of MERIDA..

In Cozumel.. my husband and I asked around and ended up going to PLAYA UVAS. we took a cab there $11 dls (all prices are fixed and you can check on a price list) we got to the place and it looked small at first but as soon as we saw the beautiful beach we just had enough with that. everyone was SUPER SUPER POLITE, AND NICE. Carmen the receptionist was great, they offer massages, and you pay $12 per person to get it, it includes snorkling gear with a free tour, and a FREE DRINK! (get a piña colada!) clean bathrooms, they offer other packages like unlimited drinks and food, etc.. they sell cigars, and crafts.. There's also a photographer for your snorkling experience, so you can take those pics home! our CD was $30..

TIP: These beach is right by Chankanaab national park, and from Playa Uvas you can see a pier.. swim to that pier with your snorkling gear and bring with you water shoes.. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE DOLPHINS!!! they are in sort of a cage inside of that pier.. (inside the park) it is an amazing experience!!! AND THE BEST.. IT'S FREE!!! Ask any of the staff about what I am talking about.. they will tell you!

ok...I have talked about all the great things in the Triumph but there are about 3 things you need to consider, so you know you have been warned and won't come as a surprise to you !!

1. Because of the amazing prices Carnival is offering on this cruises, you will find a whole crowd that might not be your crowd... like.. lots of overweight over 40's people with tattoos, drunk and shaking it off at the pool (not very nice) drunk people that will pee outside of the elevator (I UNFORTUNATELY WITNESSED IT) this happened specially on the day after people got back from Progreso.. ok.. I WARNED YOU.

2. Kids constantly on the whirlpool (hot tub) and on the pools.. so.. yeah you might not want to get there..

3. and... the last night of the cruise I barely could sleep because there was a HORRIBLE smell of sewage... I guess we had gotten to Galveston and they were emptying the ship.. IT WAS NASTY.

Publication Date: 11/27/13