Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Surf and Suds: Just returned home!

Surf and Suds

Just returned home!

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Galveston

I just returned home from the 11/18/2013 thru 11/23/2013 Triumph cruise to Progresso and Cozumel, Mexico. This was the typical trip and much like I expected. Getting on board took much longer than usual. If I did not know better I would believe that 11/18/2013 was the very first time Carnival sailed from Galveston. I am talking about several HOURS of sitting on my ass and standing in long lines waiting to board that ship! There is absolutely zero reason for it to take so long to board.

The ship is very nice with the vast majority of employees working hard to make the guests feel comfortable and at home. The only bad employee I encountered was the blond lady with the ponytail working at the casino bar. She was rude, hateful and made many guests mad. I did not get her name because it was not worth the effort but she was not the nice blond Maria! (Maria made everyone feel welcome)

I do not smoke. If you do, be aware that you are not going to be very welcome. They keep More moving the smoking spots to smaller and smaller areas and make smokers feel like relatives who have overstayed their welcome! I say all of this in defense of my friends who I met onboard who were treated like second class folks because they smoked. If that is important to you I just want you to be aware.

The food and entertainment in the Paris and London restaurants was very good! The buffets were pretty good considering that they were feeding so many people and had so many varieties of food. The Chinese "wok" was horrible. I would not feed that to a dog! They need to fix that or shut it down! Guy's burger place was great! The pizza place was a big disappointment. They left guests standing in line while they supplied pizzas to workers in the rear of pizza restaurant. Pizzas were pilling up from the oven while they continued to prep more pizzas. They very clearly need some supervision in that area! The Deli restaurant was good. The omelet place is so slow that it would take a 30 day cruise to serve half the passengers one omelet. Something is "wong" there! LOL

All in all, I enjoyed the cruise and will go again and again!

The guy in the piano bar was very good. The comedians were good Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>