Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by cruisewithfamily2020

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by cruisewithfamily2020
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: cruisewithfamily2020
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 1.0
        10-12 1.0

Good but not our best cruise.

We are a family of 4. Two adults and 2 children, 11 and 9. We cruised the week of Nov 10th.

- I'll make this as short as possibly. We had a family balcony cabin on the 12th floor with a angled balcony, big enough for the four of us. We couldn't use the balcony as much as would have liked because the people next door smoked all the time and the smell was so bad. NCL should get with the times and limit smoking on the balconies.

- Everyone already said how fast embarkation and disembarkation is, so all I can say is I agree.

- Service on the ship is just ok. Always waiting for something.

- Food was also only ok. It's gone down hill from the other NCL cruises.

- Port of calls. Cocoa Beach is a dump and nothing to do ( not sure way NCL stops here ). Again they didn't stop at the private island, so I can't tell you about it. Nassau is dirty but the Atlantis was good for a few hours.

- The entertainment was very good. I liked rock of ages but my wife did not. We both liked Fire and Ice, make sure you see all 4 shows.

- My children DID NOT like the kids club. They said it was like a day care and not a camp. They only went so we can go to a few of the shows.

- The rope couse and rock climbing are great. We did the rope couse about 20 times.

I don't think we'll do the Breakaway again unless we get a good deal because the ports are so bad I'm not sure if we can spend 7 days on the ship.

Publication Date: 11/27/13