Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by unc1321

Cruise Date: November 2013
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Amazing cruise on the Allure of the Seas!

I booked this cruise back in January along with 5 others in my group. I am in my late 20's, just so you know my perspective. I have to say, I saw some mixed reviews about this ship, but it truly was one of the best cruises I have been on. It was hard to believe that there was over 6,000 people on the ship. It never really felt crowded at all.

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday and spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express. Nice hotel and then booked a bus ride for $8 to pier on Sunday. The embarkation for the ship was fast. Got there around 11 and were on the ship by 11:30. Had the roast beef sandwich at Park Cafe, which was very good. We were in the room by 1:00 pm.

Room: Our room was a regular room on deck 9 and had a balcony on the outside of the ship. Our cabin steward Raul was there and introduced himself. He did a great job all week having our room ready to go. He gave us some great service.

Food: We ate in the main dining room 5 out of the 7 nights, and it was some of the best food I have ever had. The prime rib was so delicious and the lobster tail was the biggest I have seen on a cruise. Our dining room staff was great and made dinner enjoyable. Very well done! The other 2 nights we ate at the Samba Grill and did the Rita's fiesta at Rita's Cantina. Samba Grill was a nice place and most of the meats were really good. However they have 9 different types of meat and it was just too much. By the time you are done with 9 pieces, you are too full. I would say lower the amount, so you can get more of the ones you really like. Rita's Fiesta was a lot of fun. For $20 you got food and 3 Margaritas or other alcoholic drinks. There was also dancing by the staff and the crowd itself. Definately something you should do. For lunch my favorite place was the Wipeout cafe. It was never really crowded and had great pretzel dogs. Also ate at the windjammer, the pizza place, and the hot dog place. All were very good.

Entertainment: The entertainment was top notch on the ship. Chicago was good, but felt rushed as it was a hour and a half show. The Aqua show was fantastic! A must see! Words can't describe how good it was. The comedy show was very funny, as both comedians had great material. The headliner was Kenny James who was a singer. His show was a lot of fun and the energy he had was unreal. Also saw Blue Planet which was a decent show, but nothing special. At all the bars the music was very good. My favorite band was music vision that played at Dazzles. As for the game shows my favorite was the quest. Also entertaining. Also Karoake at night was a lot of fun. A lot of good and bad singers there.

Activities: There is much to do on the ship, I can't believe I was able to do as much as I did. Loved all the trivia throughout the day. The sports deck had a lot to do with the zip line, mini golf, table tennis , basketball court, and flowriders. My favorite was the zip line which was a blast. Also spent some time in the Casino and did leave with extra money in the pocket. The smoking was annoying, but what can you do. We didn't have any young kids with us, but there was plenty for them to do. Overall there is no way you won't be able to find something to do. The cruise director and staff were very good at their jobs and made all the activities fun. Shout out to Rina who was a very nice member of the cruise staff. She went the extra mile and I appreciated that.

Ports: We went to Nassau, Bahamas; St. Thomas; and St Maarten. I have been to all these ports before, so didn't do a whole lot. I golfed at the Ocean Club at the Atlantis which was a great experience if you like to golf. Just went shopping in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I don't think many people book this cruise for the ports.

Disembarkation: was very smooth. We did the express checkout due to an early flight home. You have to walk off with all your luggage, but within 30 minutes were on the bus to the plane.

This was a great cruise and I would do it again for sure.

Publication Date: 11/27/13
More Allure of the Seas Cruise Reviews

More Western Caribbean Reviews
The greatest cruise ever!!!
A DREAM in Fact