Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by jklc123: Observations from a Regent Newbie

Observations from a Regent Newbie

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

It only took about 2 hours on the Voyager, before we even sailed, for DH and me to decide it would be hard to go back to "main stream” cruise lines.

We loved the spaciousness of our aft suite. The vibration we'd been warned about was negligible and we loved the view. The Regent agent I spoke to, before turning our reservation over to our TA, recommended Suite 878 because the balcony wraps around to the port side, as it does with more expensive Seven Seas suites on other decks, so we had a great view to the side.

Heeding the advice of Cruise Critic posters, we used little battery powered tea lights as night lights, which worked well on the ship as well as in pre- and post-cruise hotel rooms, and I used magnets to attach a map of the area we were sailing and our excursion schedule to the walls.

The food was excellent, except for the one breakfast we had in Compass Rose, and the service was friendly and efficient in every restaurant. We used room service More for most breakfasts, which worked out well.

We missed one port (Zakynthos) due to a thunderstorm and very high seas. I was seasick for about 24 hours and had to cancel our reservation in Signatures and a galley tour. Our butler kept me supplied with ginger ale, crackers and green apples because the Bonine and ginger tablets I had been taking didn’t quite do the trick! Our steward came and checked our balcony furniture because he said in the storm a lounge chair flew off the ship from someone else’s balcony!

We took included excursions and had excellent guides, with only one exception. We never had to wait long in the theater for our bus tickets. There were usually about 20 people on our bus. We appreciated the free time to explore after the excursions.

I did use the laundry room, although I had not planned to do so. It was located close enough to our suite for us to usually find machines open without waiting too long. We ended up using our OBC, intended to pay for laundry and internet, toward paying the ship’s doctor as DH came down with a respiratory infection and needed inhalation therapy sessions. He wasn’t alone  something must have been going around.

Regarding the evening entertainment in the theater (which was very cold, by the way), I most enjoyed the folklore group of singers that came on board in Dubrovnik. The new show, "Come Sail Away,” was OK but not special in our opinion. But we spent pleasant evenings in the theater enjoying a Bailey’s and the music.

If we are fortunate enough to again sail on the Voyager, we would want the same suite. Having a butler was a nice touch but not necessary, and we would probably arrange our own airfare to have more flexibility, but the overall Regent SS experience was wonderful. Less

Published 11/27/13

Read more Seven Seas Voyager cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Voyager Review >>

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Voyager Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review:

Spacious suite, plenty of storage in bathroom and walk-in closet, very comfortable bed, balcony wraps around to the port side.

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!