Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by sunfirerv

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

The greatest cruise ever!!!

This is the most beautiful, awesome cruise ship ever. The Allure is the largest and grandest ship ever seen. We have cruised with RCCL before, but this was our first onboard the Allure. The day we got back from our cruise, I was on the phone booking our next cruise on the Allure again for next year. But we are bringing a big group with us this time.

Everyone on the ship are wonderful. From the restaurants, room attendants, entertainment and ect...they bust their butts to take care of you and make you feel special. We actually felt like we were VIP's (even though I know everyone was taken care of in the same manor). Also....Alan Brooks, the Cruise Director....he is the funniest person ever. They struck gold when they hired him. The captain is also so personable. He was great too.

I booked this room so that we had an extra large balcony. Our room was where the ship has a bump-out that gave you a larger balcony. Even though we didn't spend much time in our room, we greatly love the balcony rooms. We loved watching entering and departing the ports. Plus there was nothing better than fresh squeezed orange juice or any other cold drinks relaxing for a few out on the balcony listening to the beautiful sounds of the ocean. The bathroom was of a decent size. There were 3 of us in our room (3 adults).Our room attendant was wonderful! Always greeted with a smile and addressed us by our names. I liked that she took time to know everyone that she took care of. Anything that we asked for, she was quick to respond. A quick little note about the rooms...There are a few light switches...one is marked "main"...when you click that one, it turned all of the lights out at once. We thought that was a good thing. But when we went to sleep that night it was very warm. I thought something was wrong with our AC, so I called maintenance. They were able to tell me that I had turned off the main and at what time. The "main" also turns off the AC! My bad--ooops! So don't hit the main. Also the door handle on the sliding glass door, if you go out on the balcony...if you leave the handle in the "up" position, it also turns off the AC. So put it in the "down" position. 2 simple tricks! If you book this room or any room like this, there's no doubt in my mind that you will be pleased. We were! We had such a great time that the day we got back, we booked another on board the Allure for next November (a year from now)! Have a great cruise!!!!

The main restaurant waiter, asst. Waiter, and Head Waiter was so great that we are requesting them next year. We have cruised with other cruise lines before RCCL and I will never leave RCCL! I highly suggest RCCL to everyone. I would sail on ANY of their ships...as long as it's Royal! But I will have to say that the Oasis class (Allure) is my favorite! Also...don't worry about what to do on the ship....there is so much to choose from! Definitely have to experience it a few times in order to experience everything!!

Publication Date: 11/27/13