Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Pokerbee: BEST PART WAS NEW ORLEANS!

Pokerbee
Member Since 2002

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Eastern Caribbean Cruises

BEST PART WAS NEW ORLEANS!

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

My sister & I arrived 3 days early to our Sunday Nov. 10th departure. Totally enjoyed New Orleans, my third time there, and her first. As this was our 2nd NCL cruise, first being 2011 NCL Epic Transatlantic we had high hopes this cruise would be as good. We each had our own inside cabin, next door to each other, as she is a night owl, and we both enjoy our privacy. From the first step on the ship.... it was disappointing. I have sailed over 34 cruises, and never have I walked along the deck (100 yds. or so) to enter the ship by elevators. We were looking forward to the overwhelming experience of entering an atrium area, or large lobby. By elevators? Really? Our cabins were not ready until 1 pm, and we were onboard at 11:30 am. We made our way to the spa to preset our weeks appts. Our 1st and most important part of our vacation!! LOL. Went then to buffet. Nice and spacious for a buffet, and will organized. Love the attention to the hand sanitizing!! Washy Washy was great!! (YouTube More NCL washy washy). Cleanest ship by far with this detail. WIsh Princess would catch a clue how to implement this!!!

Big disappointment was the food. Dining room was horrible. Warm salads, cold soups.

Best dinner was the specialty teppanyaki, well worth the $25 fee. You can get anything you want on the menu, combined.... they don't tell you that, but we learned from someone ordering from our table! So order up and enjoy all the filet, seafood you want!

Shows were by standard....just a cruise show. Guess I'm spoiled with having been on the Oasis/Allure and seeing broadway shows, etc.

Casino was very smoking. Wish they could learn how to upscale there ventilation system in that part of ship.

Spa was awesome. We both bought the week pkg. to enjoy the sauna/steam, hot tubs, and reclining tiled lounge chairs..... so worth the $119 for the whole week. They only sell a certain amount, so this area is not over crowded, well worth heading to spa upon boarding to insure we got this package.

Overall it was fun, as my sister and I just made the best of it, but I will not be cruising NCL again, as there are better cruise companies in my opinion. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Great tour! Clean brewery, it felt like it wasn't in Belize it was so clean. Bus ride to it took 30 mins. approx. Included 5 tastings of their beer, and 4 frosted mugs of your favorite beer!! (Hiccup)

I stayed on ship.... don't care for this port, but my sister shopped and loved it! Go figure!

Shopped and drank!! Always a fun port! Jewelry purchases are the best here!!

Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

NCL stops at a different port than we enjoy so we took a taxi over to Mahogany Beach, 15 mins. Here is the best port ever! CLEAN, skyway ride to beach with lots of shopping and FAT TUESDAY to drink at!!! NCL port was so dirty and not much to do.

Read 1647 Roatan Reviews