Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Ed11703

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Date of Sailing 10/27/13

All in all, the FOS was a nice ship to be on. This was my 35th cruise overall and one of the better ones experienced. I was part of a group of about 40 cruisers....many of which I sailed with before. When we do a group, part of the fun is seeing our cruise friends once again.

Embarkation: Here RCCL gets an A+. Being a platinum member, check is was a breeze. No lines, and maybe a two minute wait to see a check in rep. Behind me was a long line of about 300 people waiting to check in for non Crown and Anchor members. So it does pay to join the RCCL frequent cruisers program. I was given my Sea Pass card and within five minutes I was aboard this beautiful ship.

Cabin # 9529: Although I was with a group mentioned above, I elected to cruise solo on this trip and booked an inside cabin on Deck 9. The cabin was ready to occupy by 1 PM and was in spotless shape upon entering. Luggage arrived quickly and I was unpacked within an hour. I did have a hard time understanding the room steward because he kind of mumbled when he talked, but he did separate my beds to two twins upun my request. I try to keep the room neat as I know the stewards have a tough job with all the rooms assigned. The main problem I had with the cabin was the hot water. After three requests to fix the luke warm water, it was not corrected until Saturday which was totally unacceptable. RCCL folks were in my room trying to rectify the problem....everytime they fixed it it got cold again. I actually could not shower in the cabin and resorted to taking a shower in the mens locker room on deck eleven.

Entertainment: Don't miss the ice show...it was great and is only presented on two days during a seven day cruise. The other shows were good and were standard cruise ship entertainment. Since the cruise sailed during Halloween, it was a fun time to be aboard. CD Richard Spacy was so funny and had to be the best CD I ever had. The ship was decorated for Halloween and many special entertainment were scheduled.

Food: We had breakfast every morning in the Windjammer buffet and dinner in the Isaac Dining room. I usually skipped lunch and maybe had a few slices of pizza in Sorrentos. I loved the Windjammer breakfast with selections were served piping hot. Waiters even found a table for you. Service in Isaac was great and the food selection great and delicious.

Ports: Ports of call were in Labadee, Cayman Islands, Cozumel and Jamaica. I did not take any tours and just walked around the ports, I always enjoy Cozumel and cabbed into town to look around.

All and all, it was a fun cruise. Other than the bathroom water problem, I recommend the ship and all it has to offer.

Publication Date: 11/26/13