Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by hobbssmith

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by hobbssmith
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Sensation
Member Name: hobbssmith
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas

Lacking

I did not really care for this ship. I cruise frequently and I usually research the ships but for the first time in my life I decided to be a guest and not put a trip together and enjoy the ride. I'll never do that again. Not a lot of activities at all, grits were lumpy every day, fries were hard every day. No movie theatre, no shows really, no mystery dinners. My service person introduced himself, remembered my name and was nice but my sister who was down the hall never saw hers until the last day, so taking the gratuity out of our account without our consent is not a good idea because they are getting same thing but everybody is not going above and beyond and some deserved a lot more than others. So if I learned that you paid already for my services, why would I put forth much effort.

The one lady who hosted karaoke was same one who did Motown and not sure if she was sick but she was very dead and unmoving. No top notch shows. The one show they had, all the dancers in it were throughout ship doing other jobs so it just did not appear upscale because you'd point and say oh isn't that the line dance guy oh isn't that the guy that did the hairy contest so it didn't appear as if time was put into it. If there were first time cruisers they probably were scared because the boat rocked so badly the last night to point where some were forced to stay in room because they cancelled shows and there was absolutely nothing to do. People were wheel chaired and pushed because they were so sick; if boat was larger the impact would not have been as great. I'd recommend just using that ship to sail within range. Someone vomited right in front of our cabin, they half wiped it up, the smell lingered until next day when they did their daily shampooing - there was nothing they could do about this but the guy across hall was drunk before we got our luggage and was a thorn in our side most of the trip. When I first cruised you would have thought someone stayed under bed, every time I left they cleaned, this time about twice a day.

Thankfully the weather was comfortable on the islands and we had that to do for 2 days, and thankfully I stayed with family a few days prior which helped make trip pleasant and it was good having some decent TV programs since I spent more time than I needed to in my room due to having nothing much to do. I truly will not recommend this ship to anyone.

Publication Date: 11/26/13