Crown Princess Cruise Review by Rbarr621

Crown Princess
Member Name: Rbarr621
Cruise Date: November 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Worst Cruise Experience

Let's start from the day we arrived. It to us 3 hours to check in, After the first hour the cruise line started blaming the coast guard for checking the ship because of the cross over from Europe to Florida. We were also told this happens every year at cross over. If this was so,the cruise line should have had contingency plans for the guests.

My next mishap, my bags didn't arrive in my room. After numerous visits to customer service I was told my bag was confiscated. My bag was in deed in the security office. I was told I had an iron in my bag, this was a lie and the security staff was extremely rude. I wanted them to open the bag and show me. After 1/2 hour of arguing with the security officer he finally said he would have my bag delivered to my room. He asked my to sign a release that I had a iron. I refused, he then crossed our the iron and I signed.(it was a principle thing. My bag finally arrived at 1030pm.

Our room was never cold and warm most of the time. Again we made numerous request for service, on day 4 someone finally came to the room made a couple of adjustments and we were told that was the best it was going to get. We woke up in a sweat the next 2 nights. At times the room would get cool but never for prolonged periods of time. The customer service desk played lip service but never seemed concerned. We heard from others on on deck (11 Starboard) they were experiencing the same problems.

The food was fair, I wasn't really wowed by the selections. The food on the Lido deck was boring. I really didn't like the way Princess herds you into the food area. It just seemed people kept bumping into each other.

Debarking from the ship was always a hassle. Things just seemed unorganized the whole cruise. I was told Princess was a cut above. boy was I disappointed. This was my 5 th cruise 1st on Princess. Unless I got a 2 for 1 discount I will never sail Princess again. I could say more but I've rambled enough.

Publication Date: 11/26/13