Zuiderdam Cruise Review by dlseabright

Zuiderdam
Member Name: dlseabright
Cruise Date: October 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Zuiderdam Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Zuiderdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Zuiderdam Deck Plans
The ship needs a complete overhaul.

My friend and I sailed on this ship for the first time on October 18. I have been on 30 cruises and my friend on 25. This was the worst. Holland has such a good reputation but not for this ship.

Embarcation & debarcation were a nightmare. We needed wheelchair assistance. It was a joke. I did a lot of loud talking to get something done.

The handicapped cabin would not have accomodated a wheelchair. There were no drawers. Only 2 small closets.

We had toilet plumbing problems 6 out of the 10 days. Lots of conversation with the front desk. Not terribly helpful.

Everything on the ship is old and very tired. The electronic systems are at least 5 years behind the times.

We had first sitting in the dining room. The first night we were told to go find our table. I complained and they found an assistant waiter to take us but he put us at the wrong table. The service was below par as was the food.

I couldn't believe it when I found that I couldn't see my onboard account in the stateroom. You have to go to the front desk! Really!

This was my first and last cruise with Holland. I am sticking with Carnival, RC, and NCl.

Publication Date: 11/26/13