Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by yamanx

Norwegian Epic
Member Name: yamanx
Cruise Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Epic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Anything but

The whole experience with the cruise was horrible from day 1. When we first get to the out door buffet area they are out of most of the food already, they only had 4 hamburger buns, some lettuce, and a pinch of mayo left out. This would end up happening several time throughout the whole cruise. You would come up to a buffet trying to get food and there would be nothing there and have to wait for them to cook more and when they did it was only 6 or so at a time. Even when eating dinner in the "fancy" Cagney's steakhouse, that you have to pay $30 a person, their salad bar was EMPTY and I am not exaggerating when I say EMPTY. I had to wait for lettuce to be brought out, had to request that the cherry tomato's be refilled...they brought out 3. Our waiter could barely speak English making it very hard to order and when we thought he finally understood us he would come back with something not even close.

Dining in the Manhattan Room was not much better although it was free so can't complain much I guess... When ordering a Cabernet they would keep bringing a white wine and kept being confused why I didn't like it... once again the language barrier was tremendous and he could not understand that I need a RED WINE.. Ordered the Rib eye steak and when it arrived it was something I would expect Jack In the Box to hand me. I had to request A1 sauce just to eat the thing.. I would have ordered something else but it took 40 minutes to get the steak.

You would have employee's that would bump in to you all the time in the hallways, and on several occasions get hit with the carts because they would just keep barreling down the hallways. No one was courteous in the least, bar tenders and servers would not care in the least about being fast or giving any good service whatsoever, but why would they need to when the cruise liner charges you $20 a day per person for tips, plus auto gratuity on everything you order including a soda on the deck of the ship.

The only good experience we had was on the excursions, although you would still have to deal with Norwegian staff on the docks to "try" and help you to the meeting points. which when asked any employee anything they all either didn't know or couldn't understand/speak English. We did the power snorkeling in St. Thomas and scuba diving in the Bahama's, both of which were absolutely fantastic and have not a single bad thing to say. If not for the excursions the entire cruise would have been a bust.

Spend your money on some other cruise liner.

Publication Date: 11/26/13
Read the Bahamas ports review by yamanx
More Norwegian Epic Cruise Reviews