Royal Princess Cruise Review by serio3: Princess did not live up to expectations-very disappointing!
Member Since 2010
Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises
Princess did not live up to expectations-very disappointing!
We have been on two older RCCL ships previously and were offered a decent deal on a balcony room on the new ship, Royal Princess. Most regular reviews highlight all of the nice parts of the ship. Here, I will list all of the odd or bad experiences on Royal Princess...
1) Elevators are always full, not programmed correctly, and broke down a lot. The capacity is 18 people per elevator, but if we had 10 people, it was tight. You couldn't easily go to top to bottom or from one end to the ship to the other, very confusing layout for all.
2) Dining-Fixed at 5:30pm. It took 2 1/2 hours to get through the first night's meal. The second night was almost as bad. 2 couples joined us in complaining and we received no apologizes only excuses until the next day from a mysterious caller who stated they received our complaint. Every night after that, it was pretty much 2 hours. The food was not very appetizing and the presentation didn't rise to the level of past RCCL ships. More
3) Pools, only two small ones,. Hot tubs, only 4 small ones that might fit 5 people and were not very hot.
4) the temperature varied greatly in all parts of the ship, not very comfortable for an island cruise.
5) Entertainment was okay, but nothing to rave about. The magician was the worst and the comedian was very funny.
A nice cabin overall. Not many drawers for clothing, but a large hanging closet. The view from the balcony was nice, a few levels above the tenders. In between the rear and mid-ship elevators made it a decent location. Our cabin steward, Esparanza, was very nice and always attended to the room.
We would never take Princess again, 2/3 of the people on the ship were previous Princess cruisers. Many of them complained about the new ship. Less
Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>
Port and Shore Excursions
The Princess portion was okay, lots of shops and rentals for the water. Too many cruisers hanging out here, so we decided to take the Taste of Eleuthra Tour. This tour takes you by minibus to a few little towns. You visit a school and a restaurant twice to drink and then eat. They perform a little Junkanoo parade there and also have you sample conch salad. Well worth the price for getting a taste of Eleuthra.
Very fun tour, 12 Metre sailboating. Took a $20 taxi to Marigot. Ate at Enoch's, pretty good. Bathrooms and shopping in this area are not very good. Shopping is better at the cruise port.
We rented a car from Hertz at the airport. They called us and picked us up at the port by SoctiaBank. Best $46 we spent! We were able to drive all over the island, although the steep hills and side roads were scary. We stopped at Sapphire Beach and Red Hook. We ate at Duffy's Love Shack in Red Hook. We were also able to buy postcards at the pharmacy and mail them at the post office above. We turned in the car around 3pm and spent the rest of the time walking the shops. One smelled like pee and the others were the same stuff over and over.
MSC Divina - Beautifull ship -...
Worst cruise ever. Nasty ship
Fantasy on the Fantasy!
The whole cruise including the...
Excellent experience with a fe...
Royal Princess, a shiny dissap...