Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Traveller-man: Queen Victoria - Grille Class

Queen Victoria - Grille Class

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

Booked a Princess Suite on guarantee and got Cabin 6105.

Cabin. Just a longer regular balcony cabin. It has some extra wardrobe space and a bath.

Cabin overall I rated as poor, not enough drawer space, dressing table drawer and bedside cabinet drawer constantly catched each other. TV both of them had a rubbish picture and no choice. Cunard could learn from RCCL here. Fruit was not always fresh, and as a suite it was not worth the extra.

What was worth the extra was the Princess Grille Restaraunt.

Food was ok, not really anything special and most of what was on the menu was also available in the MDR.

I really enjoyed the extra attention given to us by Rakesh and Olga. After three days they new your likes and disslikes. We sat at a table for two by the window with fantastic views, the ability to eat dinner anytime between 6.30pm and 9pm was fantastic. This was our table for the duration of the cruise.

With this came a private lounge More and outdoor area. Really was a nice experience but would I pay the extra again ? not sure.

Entertainment was ok,

One thing my wife and I both commented on was the cabin corridors - they had no photographs or art work and it looked a bit tired and sad as you walked down them.

Plenty has been said on the usual ports of call but I always like Madeira and Lisbon. Less

Read more Queen Victoria cruise reviews >>